DIY night sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY night sights

I just got my 2x6mm tritium vials in the mail today. I wanted all green trits, but the guy only had one left. So I ended up getting two ice blue trits for the rear. These looked to be amongst the brightest colors. But unless i'm color blind, I think I was given purple. I contacted my seller and we'll see what he has to say about it. I wouldn't care, except the brightness is weaker overall, but especially on the ends which matter most.

I'm not sure if I should simply make a white sleeve and insert the vials, or make a lens like Trijicon does (but out of polycarb, not sapphire!)

Trits I bought
    Attached Files
    IMG_0424

I wish I could find some for my PF9.

Comment

As popular as the PF9 is, you'd think at least one manufacturer would swoop in to fill the niche.
      IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
        As popular as the PF9 is, you'd think at least one manufacturer would swoop in to fill the niche.
        yeah thats what I thought too....but so far...nope.

Comment

So it seems I did get the wrong color. But, the guy gave me a partial refund so i'll use them for now, and replace them with brighter trits when they become available.
          IMG_0424

Comment

So what exactly are you doing? Are you drilling factory sights to add tritium vials? Where and how much did you pay for the vials? I'm curious what they are going for nowadays.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Id just buy some new sights, but good luck man post some pics when your done.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                So what exactly are you doing? Are you drilling factory sights to add tritium vials? Where and how much did you pay for the vials? I'm curious what they are going for nowadays.
                Exactly. Got them from a vendor on candle power forums marketplace. $33.50 for the trio shipped.
                IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Id just buy some new sights, but good luck man post some pics when your done.
                  But where's the fun in that!
                  IMG_0424

Comment

Exactly. Got them from a vendor on candle power forums marketplace. $33.50 for the trio shipped.
                    Not bad. I'd like to get in on the party. You don't happen to have a link, do you? As far as the drilling, I'd like to see what bit works and ill follow you in the mod. I'm sure I can find something to stick them in.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Not bad. I'd like to get in on the party. You don't happen to have a link, do you? As far as the drilling, I'd like to see what bit works and ill follow you in the mod. I'm sure I can find something to stick them in.
                      IMG_0424

Comment

These sights intrigue me. I think i'm going to do a double bar-dot sight. Unfortunately, that means I have to wait for different trits. I can go ahead and do the front sight first though.

IMG_0424

Comment

These sights intrigue me. I think i'm going to do a double bar-dot sight. Unfortunately, that means I have to wait for different trits. I can go ahead and do the front sight first though.

have another use for the rear trits? I need to pay attention to the depth more than anything, most of my sights are not very deep.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            I wish I could find some for my PF9.

These guys are what the P7 crowd recommends, they also will do your PF9. But damn, it's at a hefty price. Put to answer your question, someone does do it, they just bend you over in the mean time. And I'd like to see the OP's when they are done.
                            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

have another use for the rear trits? I need to pay attention to the depth more than anything, most of my sights are not very deep.
                              I dont have any plans for the blue trits I have right now. They're not particularly bright, but maybe they'll find their way into an AR front sight or something.

If you do the bar-dot-bar sight, you only need a hair over 1mm of depth. Assuming you use a 1x3mm trit.
                              IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
                              X