Advice on rail 1911's with prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on rail 1911's with prices

I am finally making a job change to another department that apparently allows the carry of ur personally bought pistol. I have to carry the city bought Glock 31 (.357 sig) for the first 6 months before I can opt for my own choice, granted I love Glocks and am very intrigued with the .357sig round.

I really want a 1911 for duty carry. My only stipulation is that is MUST have a M1913 rail on it for my TLR light. I'm also a lefty but I can install an aftermarket ambi safety after purchase. What do y'all recommend with prices? Nothing fancy or "competition" grade, just a good 5" barrel 1911 with a rail.
    Thanks.

Also, I'm coming from a city that doesn't allow free carry. I'm making a move from a Sig 226 (NONrail) woop woop!!! I'm tickled pink to just be able to carry a Glock!

Comment

Sti Duty One

Les Baer $~2000

Springfield Operator
      We’re the original online gun dealer. Find thousands of guns for sale at low prices. Buy your guns, ammo, and gun accessories with confidence at Impact Guns.

Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

What about Colt Rail Gun 1911's? Was looking at these and my current sgt swears by Colts. "Why get a knock off when you can have the real McCoy? Colt will retain its value..." Blah blah. The railed Colts seem to run about $1,060 at Euless gun.

Comment

STI owns Colt hands down as do several other makers Colt is a name you are paying for not the quality of the build. The Sig posted above seems to get good reviews I believe they run an external extractor versus the traditional internal like most 1911's. The Springer Pete posted is very nice but I thought they had been discontinued. I would definitely look at the STI Duty One and the Springfield Operator if I were you.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Have you looked at the M&P in .45? You can pick these up for around 450 shipped from buds. With the LE prices on a glock or M&P, you could pick up 2 identical guns and support gear for less than the price of say a Springfield TRP. More capacity, less maintenance, etc.

surefire also just came out with the x300 Ultra which is 500 lumens now....

Comment

Good god 500 lumens in a weaplight?! I thought my tlr-1 was dang bright enough!!
              He's old school and knows colt will hold its value like a Harley. I'm technically impartial as long as its not uber expensive and has a rail. Prefer night sights too... I've always loved the Springfield loaded or op. Sig's 1911 I hadn't looked into. The 226 really turned me off to that brand but I know there quality and fit/finish is top notch. Keep the ideas coming gents!

Don't forget to post a generic price associated with the make/model u are posting about.

Comment

Grab the STI. Don't cheat yourself. Whatever the department won't cover, you can write off on your taxes.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Is STI 'Mercian made or sourced Outa other countries? Not very familiar with sti brand. Like what I see though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                    Is STI 'Mercian made or sourced Outa other countries? Not very familiar with sti brand. Like what I see though!
                    They're made in Georgetown, Texas.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      They're made in Georgetown, Texas.
                      Their cheapest model isn't but everything else is and very high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        Their cheapest model isn't but everything else is and very high quality.
                        Would that be the Trojan III? Not what he needs, but I have been looking at it as a possibility.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                          Would that be the Trojan III? Not what he needs, but I have been looking at it as a possibility.
                          I think it's the Spartan either way it's an Amrscor frame and slide with STI small parts so its still a very good buy.

Comment

I thought about a 1911 for a duty gun, then I thought about how man steps I would have to do to draw from a level 3 holster and decided to stay with my M&P .40 with a TLR. Just something to think about? What department are you going to? You can pm me if you don't want everyone to know.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                              I thought about a 1911 for a duty gun, then I thought about how man steps I would have to do to draw from a level 3 holster and decided to stay with my M&P .40 with a TLR. Just something to think about? What department are you going to? You can pm me if you don't want everyone to know.
                              I agree with this. Id carry Tupperware.

Comment

Working...
                              X