Leather Slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Slings

I got a Browning A-bolt 30-06 and it has a nylon sling. I've always used leather slings for hunting, but can't really find them anymore. Do you have any online recommendations to see/buy them? One of my other rifles has a perfect sling to me...

-Soft where it needs to be (shoulder) but thick elsewhere
    -Nice width on shoulder
    -Holds 5 rounds for when you don't want them in the pocket/gun
    -Simple

Problem is that sling is in PA right now so I can find the manufacturer. I thought it would be an easy google search, but that's not the case at all so far to find anything remotely like that. If I find anything, they are 80+ dollars and I remember that sling I bought was 40 dollars at Academy. (no longer stocked...I checked.)

Any help is appreciated.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Pick up a nice reproduction m1907 sling. Tons out there and usually cheap. Best sling ever made.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Check Cabelas; last I looked they carried leather slings like you are describing, but I do not remember the cost.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I use a Sinclair sling and it is awesome. It doesn't have a pad for the shoulder but is very heavy thick leather so it doesn't seem to matter to me.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Appreciate the input from all. I checked out the suggested slings and I like them, but not for this rifle. I've figured out how to google better with "cartridge loops" , so I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Keep in mind unless the cartridge loops are leather they will loose their elasticity and rounds will start falling out. Buy a leather cartridge holder for your belt if you want a good long term solution.

Comment

See, the one I had they were leather too. May just need to get over it though.

Comment

I've seen ones that hold two or three extra rounds but not more than that.

Comment

For what it's worth, I happened to find the one I have, just can't find a place selling them.

It's by "saddle mate"

Comment

Looks like that company is out of business.

Comment

Find a leather company and see if they can make it.

Comment

This is what use to carry spare ammo while hunting.

Comment

Yeah, I may have to go to that. In the NE where I hunt, we don't have accessible belts (one piece hunting suits - orange) so having it on the sling was really nice. Guess it's not really needed around here since it's a little different style of hunting overall.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Yeah, I may have to go to that. In the NE where I hunt, we don't have accessible belts (one piece hunting suits - orange) so having it on the sling was really nice. Guess it's not really needed around here since it's a little different style of hunting overall.
                              Get a M1907 sling like David recommended and put a belt type holder on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X