Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info on AR15 gas piston uppers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on AR15 gas piston uppers....

Looking for info on the different brands, pro's, con's and which ones to stay away from.

Not interested in looking on AR15.com for 5 hours of opinions. Most of you guys here are pretty level headed and accurate.

Thanks!

Midway was closing out some Adams Arms uppers for like $500, fyi.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't know much about them, but I think that I remember CJ having an issue with an AA kit with a shorter barrel. I believe that the barrel length made a large difference in performance.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
        I don't know much about them, but I think that I remember CJ having an issue with an AA kit with a shorter barrel. I believe that the barrel length made a large difference in performance.
        That was more due to the redx arms barrel, than the piston kit. The piston couldn't be properly distanced to the carrier. The piston was getting a running start and hammering the carrier.
        IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
          That was more due to the redx arms barrel, than the piston kit. The piston couldn't be properly distanced to the carrier. The piston was getting a running start and hammering the carrier.
          And it is a .300 bulk, which is apparently kryptonite to pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            And it is a .300 bulk, which is apparently kryptonite to pistons.
            It blew up on my .223 gun. But yes, on .300 it doesn't run right. Red X did cut me a new barrel at my specs, which I haven't shot yet, but should be okay. Adams arms treated me exceptionally well - even though red x was the problem, they sent me a new and upgraded kit for free. Really great company.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              It blew up on my .223 gun. But yes, on .300 it doesn't run right. Red X did cut me a new barrel at my specs, which I haven't shot yet, but should be okay. Adams arms treated me exceptionally well - even though red x was the problem, they sent me a new and upgraded kit for free. Really great company.
              I am finding Adam Arms and CMMG in my "expected price range". But I am looking for a particular forward handguard with rails so when I see it, I will know it. Just making sure I don't see what I like and end up buying something that is prone to failure or has issues I don't want to deal with. My expectation is to drop this right onto my current Armalite lower, mount my M223 Nikon scope on it, sight it in and go shooting. I may try to find a complete lower and piece this together myself as a second gun but the goal is to do it far cheaper than the 1400 to 1700 bucks I am seeing for the gun I want at the local gun store. Seems they want your left and right testicle for something you can build for around $1000....

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                I am finding Adam Arms and CMMG in my "expected price range". But I am looking for a particular forward handguard with rails so when I see it, I will know it. Just making sure I don't see what I like and end up buying something that is prone to failure or has issues I don't want to deal with. My expectation is to drop this right onto my current Armalite lower, mount my M223 Nikon scope on it, sight it in and go shooting. I may try to find a complete lower and piece this together myself as a second gun but the goal is to do it far cheaper than the 1400 to 1700 bucks I am seeing for the gun I want at the local gun store. Seems they want your left and right testicle for something you can build for around $1000....
                visit samson-mfg.com and checkout their Evolution EX series. They are cut to accept the railed AA piston blocks. They are exceptionally light, cheap, and look seamless.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  They really look out for folks using their stuff.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                  X