In case of Assault weapons ban...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case of Assault weapons ban...

I was thinking about the guns I own and such. Since I've only been in the hobby for 3 years I wanted to know what kind of legislation and ruling can happen.

Does that mean that my ARs from the GB will be confiscated? If not my most important worry is since I only have the bulk of them in stripped lowers, if the assault weapons ban does in fact pass. Will I still be able to buy accessories, upper receivers, barrels and the like?

What happened to handguns during the ban as well? Were magazines outlawed too?

If anyone can shed light on this topic I would really be grateful. That way I can prepare my wallet for an all out buying frenzy after November's results.

God bless Allahu Snackbar
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Last time anything already owned and assembled was grandfathered. Everything was still available for sale, however rifle and mag prices were greatly increased over the post ban guns/mags.

Who knows what a new one could be. Could be the same, worse, or nothing.

The last ban was based on capacity and cosmetics.

Comment

Amy future ban will most likely revolve around magazine capacity, and cosmetics.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

mag capacity If anything.

Comment

Probably just like the Clinton ban, just longer term or even permanent.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
            What happened to handguns during the ban as well? Were magazines outlawed too?

I was just starting to get into guns when the last ban expired. I don't think any handguns were banned. They were just limited to 10 round magazines. I don't think it was illegal to own "high capacity" mags. They were just banned from sales outside of police/LE.

The assault weapons side was mostly cosmetic limiting things like bayonet lugs/mount, flash hiders, pistol grips, etc. I think most manufactures found creative ways around this like grinding off bayonet lugs, the thumb hole stock found on Mak90's, etc.

Comment

Capacity is a definite if there is some kind of AWB implemented. If you want to hedge your bets then buy magazines for any firearm you may want to own in the future.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Capacity is a definite if there is some kind of AWB implemented. If you want to hedge your bets then buy magazines for any firearm you may want to own in the future.
                I started to figure that so I dropped it on some HK UZI AK-47 AR-10 magz

Dont have enough AK-74 magz but 8 is plenty. I have so many AR mags and I dont even have a functioning one.

The big fear is if it is implemented will I be able to still build my AR-15's from the GB

Comment

I've probably got close to 100 AR mags, but I guess I should start buying up mags for stuff I don't own.

Comment

G3 mags are still dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      G3 mags are still dirt cheap.
                      Where at?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                        Where at?
                        The greatest HK site known to man.

Comment

I don't think it was illegal to own "high capacity" mags. They were just banned from sales outside of police/LE.
                          Nope, MFG's were not allowed to make them any longer for civilian purchase, so what was on the market was all there was. Any civilian could buy them, but the price of them shot up to 5x+ their original price.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Kaplow!!

Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

Oh and I bought a 10 pack of magazines with the Magpul anti tilt follower. Not Pmags, but for $85.00 I can't complain. If Osama bans mags, I'm buying the 100 pack. Giggidy

Comment

Does magpul sell 100 packs?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X