finally picked up a shotgun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally picked up a shotgun.

One of my flying buddies is the asst manager of a pawn shop, and worked me a good deal on this mossburg 500a.
    I'm not real exited about the camouflage but I got it for $150 so I'm not going to complain.
    What are your thought on this gun? And what would you guys do with it?
    I'd like a shorter barrel and maybe a pistol grip. But beyond that I'm not sure.
    My little girl likes it but I had to tell her she can't shoot this one yet.

I'd leave it like it is. If you put a pistol grip on it, please God, post pics.

Comment

Mossberg 500s are solid guns. If it's your first, it's perfect. I would have definitely jumped on that deal.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

the only reason I thought about a shorter stock is for the wife. I've never been hunting, I don't shoot skeet, all my guns are for defense, or play. but now that I have the gun, I kinda want to go hunting. lol

Comment

Go dove hunting and you'll be hooked. ;-) Nice gun and cute girl (I've got a cute 2 yr old girl & 2 month old boy).

Marcus
          '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Take it hunting and use it for what its for. You'll enjoy it that much more.

Comment

Thanks for the input, when is dove season? And anyone want to teach a noob?

Comment

Is there a shotgun deer season there. Or go rifle hunting.

Hunting is where its at man.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  Thanks for the input, when is dove season? And anyone want to teach a noob?
                  Start of by getting practice with trap and skeet shoots at places like Elm Fork or Alpine. Dove season starts Sept 1. I think some places have an extended season like around the first week in January but I've never looked into it. If you think you might get into it, depending on your DOB, you may be required to take the Hunter Ed course so go ahead and get that out of the way.

I bought a Moss 500 with the Mossey Oak pattern. Pretty good gun for what it cost.

Comment

We'll have to go shoot some clays matt.

Comment

Nice find. Does the barrel have a choke in it and is it removable? If it does it might not be the best thing for self defense at close range. Also you might think about adding an extended magazine unless you plan on going hunting with it (although it should be easy enough to swap).

Comment

The second half of dove season in Texas is basically the month of December, but check your TPWD handbook (free online, or at the Walmart gun counter). Certain areas carry restrictions.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Nice find. Does the barrel have a choke in it and is it removable? If it does it might not be the best thing for self defense at close range. Also you might think about adding an extended magazine unless you plan on going hunting with it (although it should be easy enough to swap).
                          I know for bird hunting, he wouldnt want to have an extended mag, not sure about deer though?
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It does have a removable choke. As of right now, it only holds 3 shells.

Comment

Working...
                            X