SIG Mosquito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIG Mosquito

Just picked one up for Christmas for my boys...

Now have a Beretta Neos and a SIG Mosquito.

Anyone know of a good place for extra mags for both/either?

Thanks
    GIFSoup

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
    Just picked one up for Christmas for my boys...

Now have a Beretta Neos and a SIG Mosquito.

Anyone know of a good place for extra mags for both/either?

Thanks
    Mosquito mags are ridiculously expensive, at least when I was looking for mine a few months ago. I doubt they have gotten cheaper

Comment

Bought a mosquito for my wife about 2 years ago; I bought it mainly because it is very similar to large frame guns and better to train with, in my opinion.

First, it is very picky with ammo. For the first 2,000 rounds it would only cycle CCI Mini Mags, and even then it was still finicky. Got it broken in and polished the feed ramp with my dremel and it works WAY better, but still will not run cheap bulk ammo as reliably. However, I have been able to run other brands of high end .22LR in it so that is at least an improvement.

As for mags, all my pistols only get factory mags; I think I picked my extra up at Midway, and maybe one or two from Academy, I believe.

Play around with the two springs it comes with, I remember I switched them around but I cannot remember which one ended up working best with mini mags for me.

It is a fun little pistol to shoot, when it works, but for the money I wish I would have bought something else, but the wife refuses to let me get rid of it. I have a S&W 622 that I paid $100 for and it runs like a dream.

On the positive side, before you get the Mosquito broken in it is probably the best training tool you can own, as you will be able to teach how to recover from FTF and FTE all fucking day long, especially if you run Remington bulk ammo through it.

EDIT: Since it is for your boys Christmas present, I would seriously consider going with something else like the S&W 622 / 422 or a the Walther p22 as they seem to be far more reliable than the mosquitos, unless of course SIG has made any improvements in the last two years.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I have one and what Lantirn said is pretty much true, it's very picky with ammo. CCI minmags will be about all you can run through them till they get broken in, I can run some cheaper stuff through it now but it needs to be cleaned every time you go out, if it gets dirty it become a FTE machine. My GF loves it but I kind of wish we had got something better.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

+1 on what the others said. Got my son one for Christmas 2 years ago and its still a picky little bitch when it comes to ammo. Have not tried polishing the ramps on it yet though because our issue tends to be stovepipes and failing to chamber the next round after firing.

Have had much better luck with the p22 but I really don't like the mag release on it.

As for mags you're just gonna have to suck it up and get them. I want to say I was told to try and get the metal mags and not the poly ones but I can't remember offhand it that was for the p22 or the skeeter.

I am going to wind up getting a ruger of some flavor I think to have a reliable semi .22, though god help me if I ever have to strip it to clean it lol.
          Last edited by Mach1Run; 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM.
          Jon

Comment

I have an SR22 and a Mark3 and both work flawlessly. Ruger knows what they are doing when it comes to 22 pistols.

Comment

Working...
            X