Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using nickel boron bcg's in their ar's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    $200 bcg? That's about twice the price of what you can get them for. I think red-x sells their bcg for $100.
    You have a point, seeing as you would be cleaning it regardless.

I think the $100 carriers are great and they do perform a function just as any other. For me, its the idea of metal and metal rubbing against each other regardless of lube.

Seems like it would have a smoother function with the coating and then putting a little lube on it, just icing on the cake. Plus, who doesnt like I nice little cool factor that does perform a function as well? I know I do but then again, thats just me.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
      You have a point, seeing as you would be cleaning it regardless.

I think the $100 carriers are great and they do perform a function just as any other. For me, its the idea of metal and metal rubbing against each other regardless of lube.

Seems like it would have a smoother function with the coating and then putting a little lube on it, just icing on the cake. Plus, who doesnt like I nice little cool factor that does perform a function as well? I know I do but then again, thats just me.
      I've felt the nickle boron carriers. The smoothest carrier/receiver fit I've ever felt is in my colt m16a1, that thing is like glass, and it has no chatter at all. It's also probably had 20k rounds through it. You can polish the contact points on a bcg and really smooth it up if that's what you want.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The only other way I would spring for a high-dollar bolt is if I could get one of the new bolts the Marine Corps is testing. Supposedly, they just have to be wipe-down lubed to clean. You should theoretically never have to break the BCG down to clean, and it'll be a direct replacement. No other special or different parts needed.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
        X