Build guns other than AR variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
    Can anyone explain what the necesarry things are for importing parts kits? I will be passing by Cugir (Romarm Arma Cugir) plant in May and would love to get some answers. perhaps I can bring me a container full of AK parts.
    Value over $100 in parts and you have to submit an Form 6. No barrels allowed.

Believe there's also an ITAR UN treaty list of parts that requires a form 6.

Comment

• I always wondered what would happen if you just shipped it to yourself, just go for it. A few parts, not a whole connex. What are the gun laws in Romania? Are parts kits even available?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I am aware of the barrel ban, but how and why is it there?
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I always wondered what would happen if you just shipped it to yourself, just go for it. A few parts, not a whole connex. What are the gun laws in Romania? Are parts kits even available?
          The gun laws are that you have to be deemed worthy by the government to have such a privilege. Also you can only have bolt action rifles for hunting. That is it. Somehow gypsies are rolling around thugging the streets with tt-33s tokarev.

I would have to have permission to visit the arma de cugir plant in Cugir, I would also have to have permits available for exporting the parts. I guess they could just make the parts as is. Just your average gun minus the barrel and receiver.

Luckily my fiancee's uncle was a commander in the soviet satellite army. Perhaps I can get a hook up.
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I always wondered what would happen if you just shipped it to yourself, just go for it. A few parts, not a whole connex. What are the gun laws in Romania? Are parts kits even available?
            Ive known some people who have shipped gun parts to themselves. Some make it, some don't. It's a gamble in the end I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I am aware of the barrel ban, but how and why is it there?
              My guess is its just another way for the govt to prevent the manufacture of military style rifles. You can import "sporting" rifle barrels, but nothin previously military.

Comment

• AK build

Hello all, one of my friends directed me to this site. I'm new to building guns but I'm very interested in building an AK. Is the build party still in the works? Can you all give me some direction about what I need and where to look for it all? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewKR View Post
                  Hello all, one of my friends directed me to this site. I'm new to building guns but I'm very interested in building an AK. Is the build party still in the works? Can you all give me some direction about what I need and where to look for it all? Thanks.
                  It is, with the current political climate it's going to take a while for people to accumulate the necessary parts. Also, we're asking anyone building an AK to purchase one of the build tools so we can spread out the costs. So far what we have for tools:

CJ: receiver rail alignment jig, drill press
                  gat0r: flat bending jig (if you're buying flats, and not already bent receivers)
                  phaux: spot welder

We still need someone to pick up a receiver drilling jig, a receiver rivet tool, and go/no go gauges.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It is, with the current political climate it's going to take a while for people to accumulate the necessary parts. Also, we're asking anyone building an AK to purchase one of the build tools so we can spread out the costs. So far what we have for tools:

CJ: receiver rail alignment jig, drill press
                    gat0r: flat bending jig (if you're buying flats, and not already bent receivers)
                    phaux: spot welder

We still need someone to pick up a receiver drilling jig, a receiver rivet tool, and go/no go gauges.
                    Lemme know what to get and I'll pick something up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                      Lemme know what to get and I'll pick something up.
                      any of those last three. We also will need a press if people are buying virgin kits. Also, I've never done a virgin kit before I would presume you have to drill the barrel pin, and that is going to require either a mill, or some sort of hardened alignment jig. I haven't done any research so it may be easier than that, just going off experience.

Comment

• I also have the rail alignment jig... I'll see what else I can get before it all comes together. I have my kits and flats waiting.

Comment

• There's a web sight that rents out the go/ no go gauges. That may free up some coin. Ill see if I can find it again if you guys are interested in going that route.
                          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                          sigpic

Comment

• Cool. I don't mind helping out with tools. Where would you all recommend I look for the actual kit? Everything seems to be sold out or marked up through the roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewKR View Post
                              Cool. I don't mind helping out with tools. Where would you all recommend I look for the actual kit? Everything seems to be sold out or marked up through the roof.
                              Hence the reason the build party is delayed, we expect it will take a while to find parts kits. Check out the build subforum and the sticky in there. We have several parts kit companies in there.

Comment

• Picked up my receiver the other night, now I just need to do some reading to find out what I need.
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X