Build guns other than AR variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    My wife understands why I'm doing it, however I've also spent several grand this month on guns. So, she's pissed. blah blah blah, I don't know why you need 60 guns, etc. etc. other meaningless reasoning.
    Sounds like our wives would be good friends.

Comment

My wife understands why I'm doing it, however I've also spent several grand this month on guns. So, she's pissed. blah blah blah, I don't know why you need 60 guns, etc. etc. other meaningless reasoning.
      Zombies, duh (and you have to say it with a serious face)
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I'm still confused about being 922 R compliant. Is the receiver blank considered 1 US part?
        If I bought this kit will any US barrel work?

Barrel link?
        03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
          I'm still confused about being 922 R compliant. Is the receiver blank considered 1 US part?
          If I bought this kit will any US barrel work?

Barrel link?
          I had the same question about the receiver blank being 922r also. If you change the muzzle brake or any furniture that'll count too. So trigger (3), barrel (1), muzzle brake (1). Unless the receiver counts then you don't need the furniture or muzzle brake.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

you need to sell me your cheapest AR you are not attached to!
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

fuck it , im out.
              I just need to focus on getting my reloading op up and in action
              I need like a grand worth of ammo wholesale , so this takes priority for now
              i just can't keep up with two projects that require this much research.

I am very interested in building a blank receiver version and never selling it.
              I just wonder, is that kind of 'behavior' frowned upon by the ATF ? I mean wouldn't you basically then have an unserialized AK ? seems like that would make you look like the 'bad guy' to them. BUT WTF do i know

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                I had the same question about the receiver blank being 922r also. If you change the muzzle brake or any furniture that'll count too. So trigger (3), barrel (1), muzzle brake (1). Unless the receiver counts then you don't need the furniture or muzzle brake.
                I saw there were 2 different Tapco triggers. What's the difference between a single hook and double hook?
                03 cobra

Comment

I want to build twins and match what everyone else is building so I don't run into headaches. There have already been a few configurations mentioned that have confused me.

I want to run the robertrtg.com 80% lower (Can this receiver be drilled for different parts kits? Are there compatibility hurdles with this frame?)

I'd prefer a fixed stock.
                  I'd prefer the cheapest ammo.
                  I'd prefer to build with the group.
                  I prefer my women on the trashy side.

Clarification needed on below subjects available for purchase at robertrtg.com
                  Tantal = AKxx = X.XXmm?
                  AKM-AKMS = AKxx = X.XXmm?
                  Last edited by TeeShock; 12-20-2012, 04:46 PM. Reason: Addendum 02

Comment

Lol so much confusion! One of the gurus of this board needs to post a write up on the subject and tell us exactly what to buy
                    03 cobra

Comment

• I came across this video on youtube, some good info and lists some sites to rent tools like Go/No go gauges, reamers, ETC.

7.62x39 Go/No Go headspace gauges

5.45x39 Go/No go

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO68T2RcD-Y[/ame]
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                        I saw there were 2 different Tapco triggers. What's the difference between a single hook and double hook?
                        Found this on yahoo, sounds good but then again, for some reason I trust the info on here more than anywhere else on the internet.

The double hook was kind of a back up system with the early year AK47 trigger. But they never really had an issues and ending up changing it to a single hook with the AKM (1959 and newer) rifles. Just an FYI: you can't fit a double hook on an single hook rifle without notching the receiver for the extra hook.
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• I am ready to get the blanks ordered but do not know the difference in Tantal vs AKM-AKMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                            I am ready to get the blanks ordered but do not know the difference in Tantal vs AKM-AKMS.
                            I explained this earlier - the AKM/AKMS is an AK47 receiver. The Tantal is an AK74 receiver. That's the difference.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              I explained this earlier - the AKM/AKMS is an AK47 receiver. The Tantal is an AK74 receiver. That's the difference.
                              I now thank you two times.

Beware to others when ordering:
                              The website description is identical for both 80% Tantal and akm/akms receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                                I now thank you two times.

Beware to others when ordering:
                                The website description is identical for both 80% Tantal and akm/akms receiver.
                                the Tantal receivers can accommodate the tantal safeties, which I believe are slightly different. Don't quote me on this, but I believe you can build any AK on either receiver if you have to.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X