No announcement yet.

Trade/Barter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need 2 ak gas tubes, can't find any.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I need 2 ak gas tubes, can't find any.
      Don't want to buy online?
      APEX Gun Parts is your source for hard to find gun parts, parts kits, and accessories. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! We set ourselves apart by supplying unique parts at a good value and standing by our products by offering outstanding customer service.

Comment

• I have 30rd pmags for trade.. need a hammer/trigger pin and a grip. Also need 3 buttstocks with buffer tube, spring, lock nut, etc.

Comment

• Got 1lb of AA#9 un-opened that I would be willing to trade for 1lb of AA#5
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• 1963 baby browning, gold and silver edition, comes with original box and some ammo. SALE OR TRADE!! its about 550 on gun broker, looking for about 400.

Comment

• Okay, so while the thread has steered mostly clear of actual ordnance, I have something kind of unique.

I have an M1 Carbine, 45 winchester magnum smithed by Tim LeGender, called theLeMag.

A 30 carbine mag stacks 45 win mag in single stack fashion with only tweaking of the edge of the feed lips. In addition, the ones I have were built up around the clip-detent area which is necessary with so much weight in the mags and the recoil. It is beneficial in regular 30 too.

I'd have to dig up what I have, but a few mags, maybe a couple hundred or more 45WM cases, maybe 50-100 loaded rounds of something I felt was a good match for this. And a bayonet, can't be tacticool without a bayonet. I replaced the rear sight with a rail (non-intrusive, bolt on) and removed the front sight so I could fit the bayonet (all for pictures) and use a cheapo red-dot. I cannot find the sights but 30 carbine sights are not hard to find. It is in a polymer stock, which is highly recommended, but i also have the M2 stock it came with. The recoil is such that a polymer stock is almost a necessity, if you understand M1 stock design you'll know why (same reason the M2 stock is prefferred over M1 stocks).

I would like to trade this for a new version (not necessarily NIB) coonan 357.

I'll consider most anything and not be insulted, but cash below $1k is laughable for what I have here.

Consider it is still C&R, it shoots a round that starline still makes brass for, balistics are pretty much identical to a 44mag in a rifle but uses any 45 cal bullet so more choices. You could strap a can on it and 400gr bullets and 300BLK would seem like a joke. There is one issue with it, I'll be happy to explain but not uncommon on carbines, the front barrelguard will jump off and needs a better lip (or an aftermarket replacement). This is not uncommon, and it is due to the carbine's simple strap design and not a huge problem.

Comment

• I knew you had that gun, I've heard it mentioned before from other people. Pretty bad ass gun to own, I must admit. Do you have any pictures of it?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• let me see what i can get together, but if you want to take it out and play with it PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                    let me see what i can get together, but if you want to take it out and play with it PM me.
                    I think if I bought another gun my wife's head would literally explode. But, post a few pics up, everything in life has consequences

Comment

I think if I bought another gun my wife's head would literally explode. But, post a few pics up, everything in life has consequences
                      lol, I see your a gambling man
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• This sucks I cannot find the digital camara, will get that resolved when mama comes home and tells me where she stashed it.

nice and clean tho, has 6 mags with it.

really pics wouldn't do it much good, you would want to see it up close and personal. I just wish I could find the originl sights, it was rear adjustable and front standard blade, although any replacement should work (the carbine was actually the first "lego gun").

Comment

This sucks I cannot find the digital camara, will get that resolved when mama comes home and tells me where she stashed it.

nice and clean tho, has 6 mags with it.

really pics wouldn't do it much good, you would want to see it up close and personal. I just wish I could find the originl sights, it was rear adjustable and front standard blade, although any replacement should work (the carbine was actually the first "lego gun").
                          So it feeds well? How thick is the barrel? Is it thick enough for an adequate shelf with M16x1? How well does the action stand up to that kind of abuse, is it a common conversion?

Comment

• man CJ, for you, I would actually walk away feeling good that someone has it who can appreciate all the potential.

We could probably work something out just based on that. Kind of like selling a mustang, you want it to go to someone who at least has mustang santa ornaments on the christmas tree...

Comment

man CJ, for you, I would actually walk away feeling good that someone has it who can appreciate all the potential.

We could probably work something out just based on that. Kind of like selling a mustang, you want it to go to someone who at least has mustang santa ornaments on the christmas tree...
                              lol, I'm tire kicking, but I feel like I walked onto a used car lot now It sounds like a nice gun, I need to do a little more research but it's piqued my curiosity for sure. A subsonic 400gr definitely makes me interested... That's over 1,000ft/lbs of energy subsonic - or more powerful than a 10mm and quiet.

Comment

So it feeds well? How thick is the barrel? Is it thick enough for an adequate shelf with M16x1? How well does the action stand up to that kind of abuse, is it a common conversion?
                                It fed fairly well with just about anything; what i came up with for consistency was a 250gr golden sabre over blue dot, I can't even guess at numbers off the top of my head but they were comparable to a marlin 44mag levergun.

The bolt face is hogged to handle the round, though i do not think that has any inherent problems. The gas porting is modified slightly, not sure how, although it is no a replacement it is the original with mods. The action is as designed in WW2 but venting more gas. Carbines are a simple gas-weight action as you probably know.

The barrel looks to be fairly thin, which from what I read is because legendre was a metalurgist and designed something of adequate strength but maintaining the original outside diameter.

The only issue i ever had was the front barrel shroud popping off. That happens on some 30 cal stuff with an aftermarket shroud that has too short a lip; I would say it shouldn't happen on this with a longer lip, and of course youy can fire it just fine without the shroud, I think many korean war tales include M2s popping the shrouds. In theory it is a weakness in the way the rifle is designed, they are using 19th century designs to strap a barrel using 20th sentury pressures; they didn't have high speed photography or understand the dynamics of barrel deformation in firing.

dude you probably just need to touch it. Kind of like talking about titties, we can describe them all day but nothing like getting them in your paws.

Assuming you have a coonan to trade of course

Comment

Working...
                                X