Trade/Barter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Is is pistol or carbine length? I went with a 11.5" carbine length as the 10.5 would not allow the suppressor to compress back for the quick mount operation. Gas Piston in carbine length on the 11.5" seems to run just fine. That was tested when it was in pistol form.
    Carbine. After looking at CJ's Saker, I think it should be fine.

Comment

• Anyone want to trade about 900rds of Federal bulk pack for 900rds of Remington golden bullet?

^^^ the reason I had trouble with mine was because I was running a pistol length. Carbine or mid length shouldn't be any problem.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Does anyone have a trashed AR15 lower? I want to cut it up and use it for other design purposes. Willing to trade ammo in .22, 5.56, etc.

Or, any idea where I could get one?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          Does anyone have a trashed AR15 lower? I want to cut it up and use it for other design purposes. Willing to trade ammo in .22, 5.56, etc.

Or, any idea where I could get one?
          Well you can buy crushed M16 lowers from many places, what exact part do you want?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• A good side, for trigger adjustments. Honestly... a good part of each major component. Where does one find these?
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              A good side, for trigger adjustments. Honestly... a good part of each major component. Where does one find these?
              I think a trigger jig might end up cheaper than modifying a receiver.

Comment

• A jig would let you finish out, or partially finish out, an 80% lower to make what you need out of it.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• I meant a trigger jig that's for the expressed purpose of adjusting the trigger.

However, most people do not do trigger work to AR15's because most of the FCG is only case hardened.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    I meant a trigger jig that's for the expressed purpose of adjusting the trigger.

However, most people do not do trigger work to AR15's because most of the FCG is only case hardened.
                    I actually want to work around this as well. Sure its part science part art but neither are impossible to achieve.

Comment

• I've done hardening and it isn't worth the time invested. If working triggers was profitable, everyone would be doing it.

One of the main problems is just the design of the trigger itself. It doesn't lend itself to a crisp light break. You have to change the mechanical advantage to get a good pull. That's why all high end aftermarket triggers are drop in, or completely different in design to overcome it's shortcomings.
                      Last edited by CJ; 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I've done hardening and it isn't worth the time invested. If working triggers was profitable, everyone would be doing it.

One of the main problems is just the design of the trigger itself. It doesn't lend itself to a crisp light break. You have to change the mechanical advantage to get a good pull. That's why all high end aftermarket triggers are drop in, or completely different in design to overcome it's shortcomings.
                        Quality, as usual.

Comment

• I'm not saying it can't be made better. You can remove the negative engagement, which requires rehardening the trigger, run a longer grip screw up to push the trigger down and remove take up, and grind down the hammer contact shelf to reduce creep, and cut or bend springs to reduce the pull. However, all of this gets you to an okay factory trigger, and you can loose reliability and safety. Not to mention it's a whole lot of work doing it right.

Comment

• Anyone have a DPMS LR308 barrel nut or mid length gas tube for trade?

Comment

Anyone have a DPMS LR308 barrel nut or mid length gas tube for trade?
                              Are they(DPMS) different from other LR308"s? My bud around the block is an 07 and has tons of 308 shit. I can ck with him CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                                Are they(DPMS) different from other LR308"s? My bud around the block is an 07 and has tons of 308 shit. I can ck with him CJ.
                                I have to be honestly, my knowledge of LR308 barrel nuts is limited, but I believe the DPMS barrel nut uses a standard AR15 barrel wrench, which is why I want it. And it works with Samson rails. If he does have one, let me know. I do need one for a gun I'm building. I also need a mid length gas tube I forgot to mention. Just trying to finish a budget build.

Comment

Working...
                                X