FMJ's at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMJ's at the range

So how dangerous is it to shoot FMJ's at a gun range? I want to take the AR to the range but all I'm finding on the shelves are FMJ's.

Not to mention they're usually cheaper. I have also shot FMJ's at the pistol range. I think most all of the ranges I've been to have a sign that says they are prohibited. Do they really enforce it? I can honestly say they have never checked my ammo when I take the pistols out.

It doesn't matter if they enforce or if you get caught. The rule us there for safety and you don't want to accidentally shoot someone

Comment

Alpine does check and does enforce.

Comment

It's not dangerous, it just screws up there backstops so they don't like it. The only range around here that lets you shoot fmj/ap that's outdoors is gibson's outpost in mesquite.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          It's not dangerous, it just screws up there backstops so they don't like it. The only range around here that lets you shoot fmj/ap that's outdoors is gibson's outpost in mesquite.
          Doesn't Elm Fork have dirt mounds for their backstop?

For some reason, I thought it wasn't allowed due them ricocheting or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            Doesn't Elm Fork have dirt mounds for their backstop?

For some reason, I thought it wasn't allowed due them ricocheting or something.
            This is what I thought. Maybe we are both wrong. I just follow what ever rules. I know what you mean about pricing though

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Yea that guy is a dick- what a asshat he is

Comment

Elm fork told me you can shoot FMJ on the 50yd range.
                I am going there tomorrow, guess I will find out!
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Elm fork told me you can shoot FMJ on the 50yd range.
                  I am going there tomorrow, guess I will find out!
                  Yep the 25 and 50 you can shoot Fmj. The 100 you can't
                  03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                    Yep the 25 and 50 you can shoot Fmj. The 100 you can't
                    For sure FMJ is allowed on the 25 and 50, haven't shot on the 100 as they require you to have at least 3x magnification to use the 100.

Comment

Working...
                    X