NRA statement is live now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Matt I would say it stops or at least gets better when gun violence and other gun crimes are prosecuted and when our justice system stops being a joke. Commit a crime, proven guilty, do commensurate time. Stop locking up the weed user and start putting the dealers to death. Prison population would decrease and people would start to act right. Do away with "gun free zones" besides gov buildings. Stop making the gun out to be the problem but the actual violent offender instead.
    Our justice system is NOT a deterrent. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Our justice system is NOT a deterrent. Period.
      I agree 100%. To normal everyday working class people we FEAR the justice system. For people that could care less about their credit, job, career path, home, family, kids etc; they could care less. It is just part of the game.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yes or no; would you support more gun control laws?
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
          Some of those facing out will also face in (let's see locked in a cage with someone who's turned on you). More is not the answer.
          More most certainly is the answer. Read statistics about concealed carry states and tell me it isn't. Stop believing the horseshit that you read in the newspapers.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Yes.
            Okay, this is gonna get tricky. Two questions, both yes or no.

Are you legally eligble to own a firearm?

Do you own a firearm?

Comment

I agree 100%. To normal everyday working class people we FEAR the justice system. For people that could care less about their credit, job, career path, home, family, kids etc; they could care less. It is just part of the game.
              We need to get back to the mentality the justice system of the Wild West had. Steal a horse (transportation, ie a car), you get hung. Cattle rustling (fucking with someone's income ie id theft), you get hung. Plus you have the added benefit of brothels in every saloon and most people walking around armed (except in towns where liberal douchbag sheriffs ran things like with Wyatt Earp and his faggety gun ban.

Did I mention hanging people and brothels?
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

lynch mobs and public hangings. That is a step in the right direction!
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  We need to get back to the mentality the justice system of the Wild West had. Steal a horse (transportation, ie a car), you get hung. Cattle rustling (fucking with someone's income ie id theft), you get hung. Plus you have the added benefit of brothels in every saloon and most people walking around armed (except in towns where liberal douchbag sheriffs ran things like with Wyatt Earp and his faggety gun ban.

You had me at brothels.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post

I didn't see your post until I had submitted mine. I was hoping to be first with the hanging comment!
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Meanwhile, all the MSM headlines read "NRA wants MOAR gunz!!!!"

Every other point made in the speech is overlooked.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I would say locking your children up behind bars everywhere is more about taking away freedom. You're teaching a future generation to live in cages (both mental and physical), and in fear/paranoia.
                        Maybe you missed the part where you were advocating taking away freedom when you were whining about freedoms being taken away. I don't want to hear your pathetic hypocrisy. You are a hypocrite, deal with it how you like. If you care about children, if you really care about the children in this country you would realize there is a gun in this country for every single man woman and infant. You will never get rid of them. So the question you have to ask yourself is do you really want to protect them from people who are mentally ill? If you really want to solve the problem, you make sure you can stop a man with a gun. If you can't wrap your head around that, or it's too "real" for you, then you are not mentally ready to actually solve the problem. You want to dream a utopia you will never have. If you can't understand that, you want to whine, not solve problems. I personally cannot fathom the ignorance of someone who wants to solve the problem without the use of guns to defend. Look at Newtown. That school had a full lock down, just like the prison you love to talk about. Locked doors, buzzers, cameras. What did it do? It didn't do jack fucking shit. He shot through the window, walked inside, and not one damn person inside of that school had the means to stop him. He could have killed anyone he wanted to, anyone. That's why he was there. He was there because he legally could not be harmed. If you really want schools open and free, no bars and no buzzers, then you let teachers or police officers carry weapons. It will be 100% safer for every child, and it won't be a prison. This exact tragedy showcases how stupid and pointless this "prison" solution really is. In my opinion liberal ideology of the school system has blood on their hands for refusing to put in place real solutions. And the gun rights you are advocating for in your ignorance baseless understanding of something you refuse to understand wouldn't have stopped one damn thing about it. Connecticut has stricter gun laws then this ban proposes. You whine about how you want to protect the children, but your solution is the same that got these children murdered, and it really pisses me off.
                        Last edited by CJ; 12-22-2012, 10:02 AM.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Maybe you missed the part where you were advocating taking away freedom when you were whining about freedoms being taken away. I don't want to hear your pathetic hypocrisy. You are a hypocrite, deal with it how you like. If you care about children, if you really care about the children in this country you would realize there is a gun in this country for every single man woman and infant. You will never get rid of them. So the question you have to ask yourself is do you really want to protect them from people who are mentally ill? If you really want to solve the problem, you make sure you can stop a man with a gun. If you can't wrap your head around that, or it's too "real" for you, then you are not mentally ready to actually solve the problem. You want to dream a utopia you will never have. If you can't understand that, you want to whine, not solve problems. I personally cannot fathom the ignorance of someone who wants to solve the problem without the use of guns to defend. Look at Newtown. That school had a full lock down, just like the prison you love to talk about. Locked doors, buzzers, cameras. What did it do? It didn't do jack fucking shit. He shot through the window, walked inside, and not one damn person inside of that school had the means to stop him. He could have killed anyone he wanted to, anyone. That's why he was there. He was there because he legally could not be harmed. If you really want schools open and free, no bars and no buzzers, then you let teachers or police officers carry weapons. It will be 100% safer for every child, and it won't be a prison. This exact tragedy showcases how stupid and pointless this "prison" solution really is. In my opinion liberal ideology of the school system has blood on their hands for refusing to put in place real solutions. And the gun rights you are advocating for in your ignorance baseless understanding of something you refuse to understand wouldn't have stopped one damn thing about it. Connecticut has stricter gun laws then this ban proposes. You whine about how you want to protect the children, but your solution is the same that got these children murdered, and it really pisses me off.
                          I don't think we'd have so many murdered innocents if he only had access to a knife. Putting more guns out there is pretty silly and self-serving (but coming from the NRA not surprising, because that is their role - not blaming them for that).

Comment

I don't think we'd have so many murdered innocents if he only had access to a knife. Putting more guns out there is pretty silly and self-serving (but coming from the NRA not surprising, because that is their role - not blaming them for that).
                            There you go ladies and gents, he wants to live in his fantasy land, not solving any problems. Good luck with that.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Okay, this is gonna get tricky. Two questions, both yes or no.

Are you legally eligble to own a firearm?

Do you own a firearm?
                              #1 = Yes

#2 = No

Don't have anything against them really...just don't feel the need to. I get my kicks with my other toys (cars, tech, investments, etc).

I'm not a paranoid person...if someone wants a gun to protect their family I have no issues with that. I just don't understand any valid point to having an arsenal of highly destructive weapons that can easily be turned on others if someone's "had a bad day" (I'm being simplistic here). Killing of others can never be stopped in free society (that would mean too much top down control would be in place which is bad) as anything can be used as a weapon but some weapons make it easier to inflict mass damage in minimal time and lengthen neutralization time (even if there are other armed people around because of cross-fire, panic, human nature, etc...unless someone was specifically trained like a LEO or military person).

Comment

Ok, lets say 5-10 children would have been knifed to death instead. What number is acceptable to you? A determined psychopath will find a way. He could have hijacked a semi and drove it right through the building.
                                IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
                                X