Pending assault weapons ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending assault weapons ban

I've been trying to track down all the different threads and it's pretty damn confusing. We need a centralized thread to follow the ban's progress. Might as well be this one.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Question for David - what happened with the parts kits during the '94 ban? Were they still legal to come in?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am not David but I believe I can take this one. Parts kits were widely available and I remember people building ban compliant Fal's like there was no tomorrow.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Parts kits flowed like water. Simply because they could be imported without restrictions unlike today.

Comment

Not to sound like a dumbass but I have a general question, well one of several but eh:

IF a ban is put in place, what parts other than a lower receiver/upper receiver would be banned?

Barrel's
          Rails?
          Stocks?

I have a feeling that the "accessories" will still be available and only 4473 parts would be banned but I am not sure. Was not old enough during the previous ban to have any experience.
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Didn't they "grandfather" in all stock already produced up to the ban date last time? Seems like I remember that happening. I also remember the ban having almost zero effect on gun related crimes, but that the ban increased overall gun sales a ridiculous amount (4000% comes to mind for some reason).

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
              Didn't they "grandfather" in all stock already produced up to the ban date last time? Seems like I remember that happening. I also remember the ban having almost zero effect on gun related crimes, but that the ban increased overall gun sales a ridiculous amount (4000% comes to mind for some reason).
              Thats crazy, bet hand guns were expensive much less any existing pre-ban parts
              Last edited by Gtracer; 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Morons...

In San Francisco and Oakland on Saturday, citizens brought their guns to sell to the police in return for cash. Every volunteer who returned a gun was |
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  Bwahahha, idiots. The sad parts is they all look like hunting rifles. I'd be bringing them mosin nagants by the buttload, turn around and buy the guns off the people in line.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                    Bwahahha, idiots. The sad parts is they all look like hunting rifles. I'd be bringing them mosin nagants by the buttload, turn around and buy the guns off the people in line.
                    A buttload of nagants huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      A buttload of nagants huh?
                      Sure, nagants go for $90 and the article said they were paying $200 per gun. Seems like a heck of a deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                        Sure, nagants go for $90 and the article said they were paying $200 per gun. Seems like a heck of a deal to me.
                        I am sure that there is some sort of restriction to stop that kind of thing.

Comment

Texasguntrader.com has been down for about three hours now.

Black helicopter Mike wants to question how this could happen.

Practical Mike says it is due to lots and lots and lots of people wanting to buy more weapons and ammo and stuff.

Any other sites you guys frequent down?
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Texas gun talk has been down forever.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                              Isnt cali broke? But they are shelling out $200 a pop for crap guns?

Comment

Working...
                              X