Ar15 pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar15 pistol

If I buy a stripped lower (brand new registerd in my name )receiver and put a pistol buffer kit on it can I put a shorter than 16 inch barrel on it?

Is the lower listed on the 4473 as an AR15 rifle and/or is the lower marked rifle? If not, then yes you are correct.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

not sure when I bought it i told the ffl man that I wanted to make it into a pistol ar15, and the lower does not say rifle on it only markings it has it multi cal. Is there any way to find out how it was registerd

Comment

I thought that they had to be marked for pistol, but not for a rifle. I don't think any of mine(rifles) actually say "rifle" on them.

Comment

With the new group buy coming up, what is the word on this?

SBR requires a tax stamp correct?

How about building a pistol?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I would guess that Jeff would transfer them as lower receivers and not rifles, but you might want to verify that with him. Not positive how the Spikes lowers are marked.

SBR does require a $200 tax stamp.

Pistol should not require a tax stamp as long as the lower was not transferred as a rifle and is not marked rifle (as noted above).

Just make sure you only install a pistol buffer tube on the back end and you never install a buttstock of any sort. IIRC the letter of the law states that if the lower was ever in a rifle configuration (IE having a rifle buttstock) then it is always a rifle and can never be used with a bbl shorter than 16" without the appropriate tax stamp.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The 3 lowers I just got were marked only as lower receiver in the item description, with multi as the caliber. I could do anything I want, correct?

Comment

Correct

Comment

You can get a mil spec tube and put on a cap on the end until you SBR it.

I use rubber cane ends and a dab of hot glue.
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                    I would guess that Jeff would transfer them as lower receivers and not rifles, but you might want to verify that with him. Not positive how the Spikes lowers are marked.

SBR does require a $200 tax stamp.

Pistol should not require a tax stamp as long as the lower was not transferred as a rifle and is not marked rifle (as noted above).

Just make sure you only install a pistol buffer tube on the back end and you never install a buttstock of any sort. IIRC the letter of the law states that if the lower was ever in a rifle configuration (IE having a rifle buttstock) then it is always a rifle and can never be used with a bbl shorter than 16" without the appropriate tax stamp.

Also, just my 2 cents, when you make that AR pistol, DO NOT PUT A VERTICAL FOREGRIP on it. If you do, its considered an A.O.W. (any other weapon) and needs a tax stamp....

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post

If I do an SBR I will build a separate gun.

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
                        Also, just my 2 cents, when you make that AR pistol, DO NOT PUT A VERTICAL FOREGRIP on it. If you do, its considered an A.O.W. (any other weapon) and needs a tax stamp....
                        I have seen a few places where people are saying Magpul's AFG is ok to use

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post

Got a lot of those laying around?
                          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
                            Doesn't the vertical grip rule only apply if its a fixed grip and not angle adjustable?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              I have seen a few places where people are saying Magpul's AFG is ok to use

An AFG and buffer "side saddle" are ok.

CAA SS

AFG on a pistola

together

Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X