Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give anymore info on this pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give anymore info on this pistol?

This belonged to my great grandfather and was passed down to me.

It's a Browning 9mm, the story I was told was that my great grandfather took it off of a Nazi soldier during WWII.

I know the Nazi's seized the Browning factory in Germany in the 1940s, just wondering what any of you gun nerds might know

left side has a small 5 digit stamping on the slide and frame, and what looks like "MP" stamped on the trigger guard.

right side has a six digit stamping on the slide, frame, and ejection port.
    Last edited by Silverback; 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM.

I was also given his Colt Commando .38 special that he used when he was a County Agent.

Comment

This fist picture is a Hi-Power, not sure of the date but I am sure you could locate that info online in conjunction with the serial number.
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Just a FYI the factory wasn't Browning's factory but the FN factory in Belgium.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Just a FYI the factory wasn't Browning's factory but the FN factory in Belgium.
          see, even better to know the real info.

Comment

I would crawl through broken glass for either gun!

Love old FN's/Brownings and Colts!

Comment

Just verified it was a Nazi pistol. There are two Nazi eagle stamps on it.

Last edited by Silverback; 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Virtually worthless. I'll be a nice guy and take them off your hands for $50.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  Virtually worthless. I'll be a nice guy and take them off your hands for $50.

Comment

Nice, I'd never let go of them.

Comment

The stamps are called waffenamts. They are an approval stamp used on goods and arms issued to the German military. The number on the code will tell you were the gun was inspected and issued out of.

The smith & Wesson will have an American stamp of the same process.

Comment

thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give them a cleaning and put them in the safe when I get home from the holidays

Comment

Nice Hipower.

Comment

Browning Hi Power made in 1942

Comment

Working...
                            X