X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this a better collector piece?

Comment

Comment

So thats a better one to collect? Whats c&r? He says he needs a license, does he mean drivers license?

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
          So thats a better one to collect? Whats c&r? He says he needs a license, does he mean drivers license?
          Curio & Relic. It's basically a license to collect old guns. He needs you to be a C&R license holder, or have an FFL to transfer it to.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you are looking for a high end to own, shoot, etc. I would look elsewhere like suggested above. Wilson, Ed Brown, (older) Nighthawks, STI. I have shot all and they are worlds away from my Kimber Tac Entry II which is not even in the same universe.

Owning the one you posted I doubt I would shoot it since all its value is in it being so rare (according to them).
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

If you want to collect a 1911, anything pre ww1, ww1, or ww2 will be the best for your money to be spent.

Just buy a singer 1911a1

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                If you are looking for a high end to own, shoot, etc. I would look elsewhere like suggested above. Wilson, Ed Brown, (older) Nighthawks, STI. I have shot all and they are worlds away from my Kimber Tac Entry II which is not even in the same universe.

Owning the one you posted I doubt I would shoot it since all its value is in it being so rare (according to them).
                I mainly want one to put on display that will hopefully increase in value over the years. Something to pass along to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post

Just buy a singer 1911a1
                  Googled that and $80000 came up! I dont have choochoo money only have 2000-3000 to spend.

Comment

If you're not going to shoot it, but you are going to take care of it, that 1917 model is pretty hard to beat.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Googled that and $80000 came up! I dont have choochoo money only have 2000-3000 to spend.
                      Don't feel bad, not many of us are lucky enough to drive a train for a living. Ch ooo ch ooo

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        If you're not going to shoot it, but you are going to take care of it, that 1917 model is pretty hard to beat.
                        yea i like it. tell me, why is this newer model more $$?

Comment

yea i like it. tell me, why is this newer model more $$?

http://www.jacksonarmory.com/JA/hand...p?mainID=10753
                          Overall condition. 99% of the finish is gone from that 1917, I'd still rather own it and I would shoot it as long as the bore is good.

Comment

If you are serious about finding an old 1911, go here and register and ask questions: http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                              If you are serious about finding an old 1911, go here and register and ask questions: http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=81
                              Thank u

Comment

if you just like the idea of that caliber and want to play then consider a tanfoglio instead. Easy and cheapo enough to swap to 9x19 or 9x21, and they should handle less-than-max 9x23 loads. All of which you can do on this platform as well, but for about triple the cost or more. And if you go further in the interchangeability the witness wins the cash race hands down.

Comment

Working...
                                X