Uppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
    You don't need a prediction model to give an estimate. The person filling orders can look at the order dates of the products that are being fill right then and subtract it from today's date.
    First, they cant subtract arbitrary dates and give you a number. Second, if they tried something like that and it were off by a god forsaken week, people like you would raise hell. The fact that you would even imagine this would work is comical.

I'm bouncing back and forth on whether to be nice or not in this reply. So I'll start out nice because this part of your post points out just how little you understand of this problem and and about manufacturing.

They have had one of the biggest ramps in business that has ever been seen. No company in the world can raise their output an order of magnitude. Thus all resources are being dedicated for logistics. They have backlogs of orders that you can't even imagine. Their servers, systems, software, shipping, receiving, and so much more was never set up to handle remotely this much business. Keep in mind not all orders are the same so it's not as predictable as you think with your simple subtraction. There are FFL issues, regulations, and accounting practices to keep track of.

It's very obvious the bottle neck is fulfilling orders and shipping. They don't have time to sit their and track your orders on a daily basis. They are asking essentially the same crew to do 10 times the work they were before. Bringing in new people poses 3 MAJOR risks: time required to train will slow down the orders initially, if the new people start screwing things up that's another huge step back in an already critical time, and lastly...this demand is very temporary. Hell they may not even be able to sell AR parts in a year.

Now on to the manufacturing side and supply side.

Say there are 1000 vendors such as spikes and red X selling parts.

Well those guys are supplied by maybe 50 supplier/manufacturers, and of those 50, not all of them make every part.

So you've got 1000 stores, with a 10 fold increase in orders, ordering from the same 50 guys AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. Plus some of those vendors sell their own product (aero is a big one here for receivers). How do you expect the vendor to determine exactly how and who to give the first orders to? Why would you expect them to sell lowers for $50/pc to spikes when they can sell them for $200 on their own?

How do these bolt and barrel manufacturers increase production ten fold? You want them to buy more machines? Doing this poses big risks as well:

-First, there is the technical aspect of possible defects with new machines and new operators that may produce bad parts. If these get out it kills the rep of the company. Even if they don't get out...that's millions in scrap material.

-Next, new machines cost money. They amortize the cost of these machines over the expected sales so prices aren't too high. But these guys don't know if new laws will come out and end their business all together. So they either have to raise prices stupidly high, or they don't expand operations until the political landscape settles.

You want vendors to find new manufacturers? Well there's even more risk in that...

-Again you have the same risk of scrapping material or damaging reputation

-You also run the risk of the business being cut off by new laws

-You also run across issues with vendor agreements that were signed prior to this time period.

Now there's the issue of materials running short. Companies can't just wish for more of the proper grade metals to appear like it's Obama money. They have to have certified materials so a part doesn't catastrophically fail and kill someone...as that would end their business in a heart beat.

Again, these companies aren't going to cater to your desire to "know what going on with your order even though you're okay with it not shipping anytime soon". Keeping tabs for you would be non-productive time, thus provide no return on investment. Even if you get pissed and never order from them again, they know you're one of the people who probably wouldn't have ordered AR stuff without impending legislation to begin with.

Now you have 2 choices:

A) Say "oooohhhhh...that makes more sense, I just want my shit now and need to vent"

B) Prove to us all you're a whiny {} that is incapable of understanding a damn thing.

Comment

• I placed an order with Red X on 2-15-13 for an in stock upper and just got my shipping confirmation today.

Comment

• Originally posted by chevyhater01 View Post
        I placed an order with Red X on 2-15-13 for an in stock upper and just got my shipping confirmation today.
        This is the type of thing that makes me suspicious about weather the items are actually in stock or not. As stated earlier, if they can ship one order for an "in stock" item in a few days or a week, but not an order that is almost 2 months old and both were allegedly "in stock" at the time, I just don't buy it.

For the record, I'm not trying to bitch, whine, complain, or call anyone a liar... And maybe I need a tinfoil hat, but it looks to me like the company was selling items as "in stock" and having them drop shipped and that's the problem. Happens ALL the time in almost every industry, but most companies will have the balls to admit it later. I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• The only difference in my order and others might be I just ordered a upper only no bcg that might explain the quicker time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chevyhater01 View Post
            The only difference in my order and others might be I just ordered a upper only no bcg that might explain the quicker time.
            I only ordered a stripped upper nothing else and still nothing lol.

Comment

• I ordered 11/2, $713, charged not pending like their disclaimer states and just sent my 3rd email with no response. All items were in stock when I ordered.
              2006 Civic SI
              2009 Pilot
              1988 GT
              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

• I'm thinking I got hosed on my order. Since December, I moved and changed the billing address on my card. The response to my email last week was just a copy of the credit card process being declined due to AVS address mismatch. I emailed them explaining that my billing address changed in the 2 months since the order was placed and asked if I could correct it. So far, no response.

The barrel, receiver and small parts(gas tube, barrel nut, etc) show to be in stock - just no BCG or handguard. The BCG I know will be a while, the handguard I figure I can buy elsewhere.

Comment

• So the other day I finally decided I was tired of waiting . Sent them this ,,,

Hello, I placed an order on 12-27-12 , order number XXXX for item # 3419 which is the rxa15 upper . When I placed the order it did show in stock and I had emailed a couple weeks ago asking about the status and was told it should be shipping shortly as it was beyond the 30 business day mark . It is now exactly 43 business days since placing the order for the in stock item and I still have yet to receive any positive information that my product is processing or about to ship . I cannot wait any longer and do not appreciate the lack of customer service I am receiving from this company . If my order is not due to ship in the next day , then please cancel my order and I will do business with a company that can honor what they say they are going to do . If my order is cancelled , please send me an email verification of this .

Thank You,

The response I get today is as follows ,,,

cant provide info on your order when you dont provide any info on your order?? What is you order number? There are 20,000 in cant sort through everyone and hope to find yours

My response to this was ,,

One more reason not to do business with your company as I clearly stated the info you claim you need to look up my order . No wonder this country has gone to shit as it is clearly obvious that nobody gives a shit anymore !

Good luck getting your product from this company guys . Maybe I at least free'd up one upper for yall .

Comment

• I didn't get a response(if you can call it that) until I forwarded them the invoice they emailed me when the order was placed.

I still haven't received a response from when I asked if I could correct my billing address. I think I'm just going to piece my upper together from multiple sources. If they ship it fine, if not that's probably just as well.

Comment

• I can't even get an email response from them. I am not sure what to do.
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

• Originally posted by jryotas View Post
                        So the other day I finally decided I was tired of waiting . Sent them this ,,,

Hello, I placed an order on 12-27-12 , order number XXXX for item # 3419 which is the rxa15 upper . When I placed the order it did show in stock and I had emailed a couple weeks ago asking about the status and was told it should be shipping shortly as it was beyond the 30 business day mark . It is now exactly 43 business days since placing the order for the in stock item and I still have yet to receive any positive information that my product is processing or about to ship . I cannot wait any longer and do not appreciate the lack of customer service I am receiving from this company . If my order is not due to ship in the next day , then please cancel my order and I will do business with a company that can honor what they say they are going to do . If my order is cancelled , please send me an email verification of this .

Thank You,

The response I get today is as follows ,,,

cant provide info on your order when you dont provide any info on your order?? What is you order number? There are 20,000 in cant sort through everyone and hope to find yours

My response to this was ,,

One more reason not to do business with your company as I clearly stated the info you claim you need to look up my order . No wonder this country has gone to shit as it is clearly obvious that nobody gives a shit anymore !

Good luck getting your product from this company guys . Maybe I at least free'd up one upper for yall .
                        What address were you e-mailing to get a response?

They never hit my CC that I noticed, so I am wondering if they ever got my order. They never responded to my e-mail.
                        Last edited by slow06; 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Slow ,, I used the contact us form on their website . I had emailed them a couple weeks ago and had received a response within 2 days claiming that since my order had passed the 30 day mark it should be in the next couple days but that obviously did not happen . Then when asking them to either ship or cancel my order I got the jackwagon response I posted above .

Comment

• sales@redxarms.com

Comment

• Bummer. I've been thinking about cancelling my order with RedX as well. PSA has uppers in stock pretty often now and they only took a few days to ship my last order of .308 P-Mags so I may get one from them. Finding a BCG is the hard part though.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Thanks. I used the website contact.

Oh well, I will give it another month or so and see what happens, hopefully the sky will stop falling and they will be able to work their way out of this mess they are in.
                                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X