No announcement yet.

With the threat of an AWB coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bout to add ruffdaddy to my ignore list.

Comment

Wow everyone has their panties in a wad over this. I haw never said take the guns away...I simply said you dont need them. This believe is shared by most gun owners I know (most of which are educated...maybe that's the issue?).

I think that claiming to need and AR with 30+ rounds makes just as much sense as the thought that increasing gun laws will prevent newton massacres. Both extreme sides of this are complete morons.

I course I'm tired of the left for being ignorant about guns and the lack of a positive effect gun laws have, but I'm equally as tired of assholes buying all the fucking ammo, clips, and guns on credit because they think they'll be at war soon. Both are knee jerk reactions with bad consequences. And don't even get me started on the negative image this tacticool fad has given gun owners. All of the loopholes like the slide fire coupled with pushing the limits for no reason add fuel to the fire.

And Brandon go ahead an show me a thread I made asking for advice. The only thread I ever remember remotely close to that was a confirmed bad lot of WWB...

Comment

And again...you don't need it. Just say you want it...and that there's not need in passing a law as an emotional reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          And again...you don't need it. Just say you want it...and that there's not need in passing a law as an emotional reaction.
          You don't need the money in your savings. You just want it.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            You don't need the money in your savings. You just want it.
            100% correct and that supports neither point.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              why bring race into this?
              Originally posted by david View Post
              why don't we need it?

Comment

99% of the shit in our lives we don't need. But the great country that we live in allows us to have our wants.

Comment

If need is the end all argument, you are going down the wrong road. Need has nothing to do with freedom and personal rights and responsibility. If you boil it down to the last common denominator on most national issues, our society doesn't actually need the bill of rights to survive, or our entire constitution for that matter, but it was not created based on (or to provide for) need.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    You should deposit all of your savings in my bank account. You aren't currently using it, so you obviously have no "need" for it.
                    With the great logic spewing from his mouth, he probably doesn't have a savings with anything in it...

Comment

If you want to bring your own interpretations into it, I need an m60, to protect myself against a tyrannical government, because the 2nd says so.

Comment

Hahahaha god damn you're a moron.

First, I guarantee you don't have the onions to stand up against anyone coming to take your shit. You're on a tuck your tail like a beat dog.

Second, you really think you have a chance at defending against the array of autonomous weaponry with you lack of a sack and an AR?
                        Im sure the same was said to our founding fathers when the "unbeatable" brittish army was coming. Or how about all these taliban members with beat up ass AK's, seems they have been holding back our militaries for quite some time.
                        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                          If you want to bring your own interpretations into it, I need an m60, to protect myself against a tyrannical government, because the 2nd says so.
                          And if you have the cash, you can do that.
                          IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                            You need a hell of a whole lot more than small arms to fight a tyrannical government these days my friend. At the very least you need some equipment capable of defeating armor.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

In technical terms, any rifle can be handled and used without a magazine (stop calling them 'clips' unless you're just wanting to ruffle feathers). Pull the bolt back, insert a round, release bolt, rinse and repeat.

However, semi-automatic firearms were created for a multitude of purposes all of which boil down to one specific point: reloading after every shot SUCKS. It takes time. For a target shooter, it messes up tempo and lets your semi-auto opponent post better times on the plate. For the hunter, it causes a delay that means missing a trophy buck that was the reason for $3K+ in deer lease/rifle/gear/stand/time etc. For the soldier, it causes a delay that can get him/her killed.

The problem is deciding where to draw the line. What number are you comfortable with regarding magazine capacity? Regardless, I'll pose a bit more of a Dirty Harry-type question (that oddly has a lot of merit considering the recent shooting sprees) ... Do you care if the psychopath leveling a gun at your kids has a 10 round magazine or a 30 round magazine?

It's purely semantics, and magazine capacity laws don't do jack shit.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                                And if you have the cash, you can do that.
                                Yep, unfortunately at this juncture I am not in that position.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                You need a hell of a whole lot more than small arms to fight a tyrannical government these days my friend. At the very least you need some equipment capable of defeating armor.
                                Of course, but I wont be greedy, I'll just man the 60.

Comment

Working...
                                X