With the threat of an AWB coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
    Where is the text for this proposed hi cap magazine Bill. I havnt read it yet.

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
     120 specifically-named firearms
     Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a
    detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
     Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept
    more than 10 rounds
    Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
     Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
     Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from
    the characteristics test
     Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address
    attempts to “work around” prior bans
    Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than
    10 rounds.
    Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
     Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
     Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or
    sporting purposes and
     Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms
    Act, to include:
    o Background check of owner and any transferee;
    o Type and serial number of the firearm;
    o Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    o Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that
    possession would not violate State or local law; and
    o Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Lol at you thinking I dont know the correct term for it. You do realize its common nomenclature right? Meaning Merriam Webster changes the fucking definition because of that right? The clip/magazine argument is outdated and only makes people like you feel as of they have an elite knowledge.

So why you so mad bro?
      well MAGPUL make PMAGS not PCLIPS.. just saying. if you are in engineering back ground you understand that proabably 90% of the things engineered are for wants not needs. buildings do not have to be engineered for looks but they are. Cars do not have to be engineered for racing but they are these are thing we want but no one needs. IMO you are just in here trying to stir up shit and you look dumb doing it.
      sigpic

Comment

Lol at you thinking I dont know the correct term for it. You do realize its common nomenclature right? Meaning Merriam Webster changes the fucking definition because of that right? The clip/magazine argument is outdated and only makes people like you feel as of they have an elite knowledge.

So why you so mad bro?
        I've never seen something so pathetic in my life. No, you just don't know the difference and you're flailing in ignorance with childish insults. We use words to define specific objects. A magazine is a specific object. A clip is a specific object. You are using the wrong term because you're uneducated on the subject. Just because many people like housewives and children are uneducated on the subject doesn't mean the term needs to be changed. People just need to be educated, like yourself. You are literally advocating ignorance now as a defense.
        Last edited by CJ; 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Engineers are never nitpicky about using the correct terms for things
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I've never seen something so pathetic in my life. No, you just don't know the difference and you're flailing in ignorance with childish insults. We use words to define specific objects. A magazine is a specific object. A clip is a specific object. You are using the wrong term because you're uneducated on the subject. Just because many people like housewives and children are uneducated on the subject doesn't mean the term needs to be changed. People need to be educated, like yourself.
            Haha wow, you so thoroughly know my knowledge base.

This is no different than night vision vs flir. Even in the industry people commonly refer to flir as NV. Again it's a commonly accepted term. I'm glad you chose this as the core of your argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              Engineers are never nitpicky about using the correct terms for things
              Except when you don't understand the topic, then it's outdated.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

This is no different than night vision vs flir. Even in the industry people commonly refer to flir as NV. Again it's a commonly accepted term. I'm glad you chose this as the core of your argument.
                A proper comparison would have been thermal vs. flir. Nightvision is completely different. I do not see how this argument is proving your competence. You see, this wouldn't be a conversation if you hadn't interjected yourself into the topic feigning knowledge of the subject. I wouldn't call out a housewife on saying "clip" because I know she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Comment

• May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Magazines are only called clips by the uninitiated, and thus, do not represent legitimate vernacular, which is the word you were going for when you said, "accepted term." In fact, one of the reasons people who know the difference are so picky about it is because they do such different things. Calling a magazine a clip is like calling a truck a forklift.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      A proper comparison would have been thermal vs. flir. Nightvision is completely different. I do not see how this argument is proving your competance.
                      No because FLIR is thermal imaging retard. WTF are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        Magazines are only called clips by the uninitiated. In fact, one of the reasons people who know the difference are so picky about it is because they do such different things. Calling a magazine a clip is like calling a truck a forklift.
                        hey, they both have wheels!
                        May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

• You realize you exhibit all of those right?

Comment

• Wow "imprisoned not more than 10 years"... seems drastic.

Text of S. 32 (112th): Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device … as of Jan 25, 2011 (Introduced version). S. 32 (112th): Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL

To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
                            This Act may be cited as the ‘Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act’.

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON TRANSFER OR POSSESSION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.
                            (a) Definition- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:

‘(30) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’--

‘(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; but

‘(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.’.

(b) Prohibitions- Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (u) the following:

‘(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

‘(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to import or bring into the United States a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

‘(A) a manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

‘(B) a transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such a licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;

‘(C) the possession, by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition, of a large capacity ammunition feeding device transferred to the individual by the agency upon that retirement; or

‘(D) a manufacture, transfer, or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device by a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.’.

(c) Penalties- Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

‘(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(v) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.’.

(d) Identification Markings- Section 923(i) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ‘A large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of the enactment of this sentence shall be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after such date of enactment, and such other identification as the Attorney General may by regulation prescribe.’.

Comment

You realize you exhibit all of those right?
                              Hi pot, im kettle!
                              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

No because FLIR is thermal imaging retard. WTF are you talking about?
                                See, exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you very much for demonstrating your hypocrisy. If you didn't notice, that was a trap to use two similar yet completely unrelated terms. See how offensive that is?

Comment

Working...
                                X