Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They quoted a price and should stick to it. They should have plenty of extra with the shipping funds.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Man i hope we do a group buy on some pistol calibers...

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        They quoted a price and should stick to it. They should have plenty of extra with the shipping funds.
        For me to stick to my guns and force them to fulfill an order that is over 6 times larger than expected at the price quoted at the beginning would do nothing other than burn a bridge with a ammo manufacture. Not only would it cost them money and hurt there bottom line, but it would remove the possibility for further group buys. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackgun killed the group buy all together if I approached it like that.

I have done my fare share of working with suppliers and more often than not, if you push too hard it will harm further dealing greatly. There is a fine line.

-Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          For me to stick to my guns and force them to fulfill an order that is over 6 times larger than expected at the price quoted at the beginning would do nothing other than burn a bridge with a ammo manufacture. Not only would it cost them money and hurt there bottom line, but it would remove the possibility for further group buys. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackgun killed the group buy all together if I approached it like that.

I have done my fare share of working with suppliers and more often than not, if you push too hard it will harm further dealing greatly. There is a fine line.

-Patrick
          Agreed. Also, as someone else posted, any overages from my second checks can go towards your personal credit or whatever the group needs to make up. I'm in for 9mm and .40 S&W in the future if there is a handgun ammo buy. Thanks again for putting this all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

-Patrick
            I have no problem with the difference. I figured another price break not an increase. I do know the market is crazy right now.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have no problem with the difference. I figured another price break not an increase. I do know the market is crazy right now.

Ammo prices generally increase around this time of year. There was information before this craze hit that ammo prices were going to increase 10-15 percent. It looks like we got hit with that increase.

Comment

• I didn't buy any but if it looks like you may come up a little short, I'll PayPal gift some to help out

Comment

They quoted a price and should stick to it. They should have plenty of extra with the shipping funds.
                  Agreed... It's a bad business decision for Jim to ask you to pay for for a substantially larger order. He should be thrilled and want to make you happy knowing his large of an order can be placed.

To ask for an extra 1/2 % is petty, even after quoting a price. I wouldn't be concerned with burning a bridge, he should be.

As stated he has the parts on hand but his suppliers just raised his prices? Then he knows to increase future pricing, not retroactively. It's the principle....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Agreed... It's a bad business decision for Jim to ask you to pay for for a substantially larger order. He should be thrilled and want to make you happy knowing his large of an order can be placed.

To ask for an extra 1/2 % is petty, even after quoting a price. I wouldn't be concerned with burning a bridge, he should be.

As stated he has the parts on hand but his suppliers just raised his prices? Then he knows to increase future pricing, not retroactively. It's the principle....
                    I agree 100%, unfortunately Patrick is stuck in the middle. Business don't feel like they need to be concerned about their image right now unfortunately. There's at least $1,824 in shipping built into this order and it's not going to take anywhere near that to get it here, the manufacturer should have simply eat'n that 1/2% even if he didn't have the parts on hand.
                    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                      I agree 100%, unfortunately Patrick is stuck in the middle. Business don't feel like they need to be concerned about their image right now unfortunately. There's at least $1,824 in shipping built into this order and it's not going to take anywhere near that to get it here, the manufacturer should have simply eat'n that 1/2% even if he didn't have the parts on hand.
                      You could hire a truck to drive it to everyone's door for that money.

Comment

• Road trip!

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

Dude, I will say it again. It just isn't like arguing over a price at a retail store. Blackgun is the only game in town right now that would be willing to do this. He came right out and told me that he wasn't going to lose money on this deal, and I don't blame him. After working in small business for the last couple years, a deal like this can really hurt the bottom line.

Lets assume you own a business. Now assume you sold everything at a 20% markup. Now lets assume that you have a group of people come into your store and say "we will buy 152,000 things if you sell them at a .05% loss" Now you have the liability of delivering on this large purchase, have to pay for employees, rent on your store, and you are going to take a loss on it. In all reality Jim is taking a loss on this already.

In all honesty, our order is only about a day worth of sales on his website. If he kills the group buy because I pushed over that .5% he isn't really gonna lose on it. We will not find another supplier to do a deal anything like this.

Before you guys get all up in arms, let me work on the final numbers and then I will update the group. Take a step back and let me see what can be done.
                          Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 01-26-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                            You are assuming that it is all being shipped to my home. There are several larger orders that will need to be drop shipped. Some of those the shipping is over $200 per order. That shipping money is going to evaporate very quickly. Come mid next week I should have a much better handle on what is going on with the shipping costs.

Comment

• Carry on Patrick. A few dollars is not a deal at all, just surprised he changed the price.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Carry on Patrick. A few dollars is not a deal at all, just surprised he changed the price.
                                So am I but I do understand why it happened. There was already a price increase in the works, just didn't expect it to hit the group buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X