Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are making a big deal over $300 on 60k order?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Patrick, let me know if my extra check does not cover my 2k...thanks.

-Chris
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        They are making a big deal over $300 on 60k order?
        No, they have said they are not going to lose ANY money over this deal. It makes no sense for a business to take a loss when it is selling at a crazy rate anyhow.

All of us need to understand, right now in this climate we need them more than they need our purchase. We WILL not find another vendor willing to do this right now. They are not hurting for revenue in any way.

I will ask again, please chill out and wait for me to figure this out. This isn't a deal killer, shit like this just happens during a group buy. This is only a small hiccup, other group buys have had much larger issues. I am happy that the issues is such a small one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Patrick, let me know if my extra check does not cover my 2k...thanks.

-Chris
          It should be fine, I am not too concerned about a shortage yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            Dude, I will say it again. It just isn't like arguing over a price at a retail store. Blackgun is the only game in town right now that would be willing to do this. He came right out and told me that he wasn't going to lose money on this deal, and I don't blame him. After working in small business for the last couple years, a deal like this can really hurt the bottom line.

Lets assume you own a business. Now assume you sold everything at a 20% markup. Now lets assume that you have a group of people come into your store and say "we will buy 152,000 things if you sell them at a .05% loss" Now you have the liability of delivering on this large purchase, have to pay for employees, rent on your store, and you are going to take a loss on it. In all reality Jim is taking a loss on this already.

In all honesty, our order is only about a day worth of sales on his website. If he kills the group buy because I pushed over that .5% he isn't really gonna lose on it. We will not find another supplier to do a deal anything like this.

Before you guys get all up in arms, let me work on the final numbers and then I will update the group. Take a step back and let me see what can be done.
            Honestly I don't care either way, but if you think he has a loss of any sorts you're a fool ...

Obviously you don't negotiate deals or contracts but you are being milked and if you think otherwise you are too green for business.

Again, doesn't matter to me given the minimal stake I have in this but you're being taken for a ride and appear to be happy with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Honestly I don't care either way, but if you think he has a loss of any sorts you're a fool ...

Obviously you don't negotiate deals or contracts but you are being milked and if you think otherwise you are too green for business.

Again, doesn't matter to me given the minimal stake I have in this but you're being taken for a ride and appear to be happy with it.
              Honestly, I don't care. Anyone that would like to back out of the group buy is welcome to do so, I am not going to spend the next several weeks dicking around over a half a percent increase. I am paying the same price you guys are and I am only buying a thousand. I wasn't in this for any other reason than to be a nice guy and give back to some of the members here.

All I give a shit about is I don't want to see members of this site talking shit because they raised the price $2.54. We are damn lucky that a vendor is even willing to do a group buy considering the current market. It isn't like they are having a hard time moving ammo.

For the record, no I don't negotiate contracts. But I have spent quite a bit of time dealing with vendors and understand that when you need someone more than they need you ... you give a little. If I am being milked a bit ... so fucking be it. As long as we get the ammo I don't think it matters that much.

-Patrick

Comment

• Nobody is faulting you Patrick. I think there's just a little tension about the minimal price increase, the leed time going from 5 to 10 weeks and the question on additional shipping charges. I can speak for myself that Im not interested in backing out at this point. Everyone here appreciates the time and effort you've put into setting this up, just some loose ends to tie up.

Please keep in mind that Im willing to help in any way possible just drop me a line.
                The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                  Nobody is faulting you Patrick. I think there's just a little tension about the minimal price increase, the leed time going from 5 to 10 weeks and the question on additional shipping charges. I can speak for myself that Im not interested in backing out at this point. Everyone here appreciates the time and effort you've put into setting this up, just some loose ends to tie up.

Please keep in mind that Im willing to help in any way possible just drop me a line.
                  I understand man, I just don't appreciate people compounding the stress from this group buy. I did expect a large increase in lead time due to the size of the order, in all honesty I am surprised it was only 10 weeks. All that is left is a few weeks of ironing out the final details. I hope I can get out of this buy without spending any more than was originally anticipated.

Comment

• Patrick, thanks again for doing this....blackgun can keep and cash my check for the 7 dollar amount. People here are worried about a 2 dollar price increase when they are spending between 200-4000$? WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
                      Patrick, thanks again for doing this....blackgun can keep and cash my check for the 7 dollar amount. People here are worried about a 2 dollar price increase when they are spending between 200-4000$? WTF?
                      I know man, I hope that I can accomplish it all on the original budget ... I don't really want to go over that limit.

Comment

• Not like my $.02 matters but I know small business as well and to think someone would ristk $40k or more order over $300 is crazy. He isnt losing money, he is reducing his profits... My parents have a small business and often when vendors increase prices, they eat it with hopes that the prices will go back down. If not, over time the will raise their price. Not on a single order.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          Not like my $.02 matters but I know small business as well and to think someone would ristk $40k or more order over $300 is crazy. He isnt losing money, he is reducing his profits... My parents have a small business and often when vendors increase prices, they eat it with hopes that the prices will go back down. If not, over time the will raise their price. Not on a single order.
                          Eh, I don't like it any more than you guys. All I can do is make this happen as best as I can. I just don't want any more added stress from unhappy people. It isn't my doing, and like I said ... We need him more than he needs us for this buy to go correctly. Right now if he were to kill the group buy, I strongly doubt I could find another vendor to fill the order for what we are paying.

Comment

• There is no way on earth I would have complained over $3 if I ordered. Id have been happy to throw in another $20 just for your trouble.

Comment

• meh, I don't expect shit back over what I paid. If it costs me another few bucks per thousand I am still okay with it. Fact is we just discounted all the ammo he will sell in the very near future. It is not like he had a surplus that he discounted to move. His projected income over the next 10 weeks or how ever long it takes to produce 152,000 rounds is what he discounted. I am good with it. We are still in under $100 less per 1k than on the site and for some that is a large savings for the amount that was bought per individual.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Patrick, thanks for what you've done. Perhaps I should've said that upfront.

Comment

Working...
                                X