This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Just so you all are aware. This is steel core penetrator ammo. Not 55gr stuff.

"The M855 round has a 61.7 (nominal 62-grain) full metal jacket lead core plus steel penetrator insert in the nose section"

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds
    could you explain the advantage/disadvantage of this?

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
      could you explain the advantage/disadvantage of this?
      Gun ranges dont allow steel core, it is mainly used by military as it has an armor piercing effect on it's target.

So stock up on 10k rounds and hope you never have to use them, because you cant around here...lol

But none the less I would not mind having 500, let me look at that pricing again
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        Gun ranges dont allow steel core, it is mainly used by military as it has an armor piercing effect on it's target.

So stock up on 10k rounds and hope you never have to use them, because you cant around here...lol

But none the less I would not mind having 500, let me look at that pricing again
        The steel core is for defeating barriers like glass, car doors, wood, etc.

Some ranges say no. Pretty much all indoor ranges say no.

Stock up cause it is a good price for this round.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

uh oh- didn't know that.. will have to get to the guys and explain... might be some cancelling..

Bill
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
            uh oh- didn't know that.. will have to get to the guys and explain... might be some cancelling..

Bill
            Well there are a few ranges that allow it. And there is no such thing as usless ammo that I am aware of. If I had $200 right now I would order at least 500 though the wife would be pretty pissed, she is prego so yeah.

Anyone wanna trade a stripped poly lower for some ammo????
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

bump me by 12k. (Brian-1k, Jumes-1k)
              To confirm you are now at 24,000 total rounds correct?

Comment

Just so you all are aware. This is steel core penetrator ammo. Not 55gr stuff.

"The M855 round has a 61.7 (nominal 62-grain) full metal jacket lead core plus steel penetrator insert in the nose section"

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds
                They also offer 55 grain lead core. http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds

The group buy is for 62 grain M855 or 55 grain lead core. What you choose needs to be indicated when the money is sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  They also offer 55 grain lead core. http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds

The group buy is for 62 grain M855 or 55 grain lead core. What you choose needs to be indicated when the money is sent.
                  The 55 should be good to go at any range right? I have property and really don't plan on shooting it at a range but have a guy or two under me that might.

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
                    The 55 should be good to go at any range right? I have property and really don't plan on shooting it at a range but have a guy or two under me that might.
                    Only if they allow FMJ ... some ranges require you to use hollow point or soft point

Comment

Only if they allow FMJ ... some ranges require you to use hollow point or soft point
                      gotcha that's what I thought! Thanks!

Comment

For those wondering how the pricing stacks up with what is available right now.

Comment

Patrick, put me down for 2k more, a total of 3k.

Thanks,
                          Bryan

Comment

To confirm you are now at 24,000 total rounds correct?
                            Crap, sorry Patrick. No I should have said bump MY 12k by 2k (Brian 1k, Jumes-1K).
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Patrick..

Bad news here. All my guys are dropping out as most if not all are shooting at ranges that don't allow it. Humble apologies guys.

Bill
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                                Patrick..

Bad news here. All my guys are dropping out as most if not all are shooting at ranges that don't allow it. Humble apologies guys.

Bill
                                Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't we have a choice on the 55gr lead core (ranges allow) or the 62gr steel core? The guy offers both and they are the same price.....

May cause a bit more of a headache in managing orders but would hate to lose out orders that would keep from getting the next price break...

Comment

Working...
                                X