Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    This is just as good of a barrel:

CORE Rifle Systems is a manufacturer of quality AR-15 Rifles and Pistols built in Ocala, FL. Established in 2010 as a subsidiary to Good Time Outdoors, Inc.

My barrel was out of spec for pistol length piston kits. There is no "spec" for pistol length, it's a commercial created length so I don't have any hard feelings. AA said it shoudl be this, Red-X said they are the only one that says it should be that. Basically AA is trying to standardize the measurement for the industry. Red-X also cuts all their .30 cal barrels from a 1:10 twist blank, which is too slow a twist for heavy subsonic bullets.
    See, I was about to buy that "sweet" .300 fluted upper they have for $290; until I realized I knew nothing of the caliber. After a little Google research I learned that 1:10 is not the twist rate you want in a .300 blk.

I am sure it has its uses but, if I am going to buy something, it had better be what I want.

I did see a guy on THF sail this same setup with 180rnds of 300 blk and 4 pmags for $1100
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
      Copied and pasted below from another site:

Use Update Scanner plugin for Firefox.

Setup all your favorite uppers to be scanned. set the scan interval to 5 minutes and "All web changes send a notification"

P.S the name of the plugin for firefox is called
      Update Scanner

Just input your links for the uppers and it will scan them every 5 minutes to see if it changed.

does that update scanner send you an email or how do you get notified?

It plays a sound and pops a notification on your desktop.
      It stays up until you close it. (I have it configured that way. )
      Thanks BEARY, I'll look into that since I use Fire Fox. I'll try it out with ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        After a little Google research I learned that 1:10 is not the twist rate you want in a .300 blk.
        Twist rate will all depend on the barrel length, you'll want a faster twist for a short barrel, longer barrel and you can go with a slower twist.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Twist rate will all depend on the barrel length, you'll want a faster twist for a short barrel, longer barrel and you can go with a slower twist.
          I was reading the grain vs. twist rate and this is what I was basing my process off of. Did not take into account the length.
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

The Core15 barrel I posted up is the one that I'm using, and I can verify it's very accurate with subsonic and supersonic. It's as good of a barrel as you can expect.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I was reading the grain vs. twist rate and this is what I was basing my process off of. Did not take into account the length.
              We're on the same page then, for subs, 1:10 twist is too slow given the length.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

How does the Rainier Arms 8.5" barrel compare (other than it not being in stock)? Any advantage to the polygonal rifling? Almost the same price as the Core15 and an in shorter.

Comment

For those with short barrels, what is the difference between a 8" or 10" barrel (besides the obvious) in terms of usability, accuracy, noise, etc. I'm going to be building a 300 blk SBR (with proper NFA paperwork of course) and I'm trying to decide on barrel length.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    We're on the same page then, for subs, 1:10 twist is too slow given the length.
                    So with subsonic removed, what good is a .300glk 16'' barrel with a 1:10 rate? I know it goes bang but are there any practical applications with the weight limitations of the 1:10?

Comment

So with subsonic removed, what good is a .300glk 16'' barrel with a 1:10 rate? I know it goes bang but are there any practical applications with the weight limitations of the 1:10?
                      If you're not going to do subsonic rounds than get the 16" red-x barrel.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                      X