Rules for selling at the gun show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for selling at the gun show?

Thinking of unloading a couple lowers and maybe a rifle for some cash to finance a suppressor and 3 tax stamps. I have a couple lowers coming in so I can spare a couple.

What are the rules for selling at the gun show?

Sell in the parking lot

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Thinking of unloading a couple lowers and maybe a rifle for some cash to finance a suppressor and 3 tax stamps. I have a couple lowers coming in so I can spare a couple.

Walk in, pay $8 and find someone to buy your stuff. I usually will put a sign on a coat hanger and hang it over my back, or on a gun barrel, or a backpack, whichever. List what you have and your prices. People will just approach you. If it's a gun you need to remove the magazine and they will put a ziptie through the action.
      Last edited by CJ; 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

No new laws yet... same as always. But just wondering... how much for a lower? PM if you want.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Im going to try and sell my lowers together...sequential lowers. And trust me, you dont want to pay what Im asking. Im here to make some money to fund other builds.

Comment

Lowers are selling for $500 each right now.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Lowers are selling for $500 each right now.
              where? I have 3 to sell and a complete ar15. If you can sell the lowers for $500 each, I'll pay you $50 each lower

Comment

where? I have 3 to sell and a complete ar15. If you can sell the lowers for $500 each, I'll pay you $50 each lower
                *built lowers, I should have specified, parts kit installed minus stock.

Comment

Im going to try and sell my lowers together...sequential lowers. And trust me, you dont want to pay what Im asking. Im here to make some money to fund other builds.
                  How dare you make a buck off of someone!
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    *built lowers, I should have specified, parts kit installed minus stock.
                    Oh, ok...
                    Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                    How dare you make a buck off of someone!
                    Im here for the money...just like going to work.

Comment

The way I look at it is I invested in something and there is a potential for profit because of that. Every guy I've sold a part to is grateful they got one.

Comment

I wouldnt set up a table with the current climate, nor would I sell a bunch all at one place. But Im also better safe than sorry kind of guy. Gray area between selling privately and selling at a profit and a business.

Comment

Hindsight often being 20/20, you may regret this thought in a few months. I have serious doubts that high cap mags or assault weapons will be banned, but I also thought Obamacare would not get passed by Congress, or that it would be upheld by the Supreme Court, or that he would even get a second term.

I am just saying that because I keep thinking of all the cheap shit I wish I would have bought years ago; $300 new AKs, $150 SKS, 30 round mags when they were in stock, just to name a few. Lowers are worth their weight in silver right now; in a few months they could be worth their weight in gold IF you could find any. They are your lowers, so do with them what you want, but if I were in your shoes I would seriously think it over.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I have 3 lowers, and 1 rifle. 2 new lowers coming in on Wednesday with 8 more on backorder.

Comment

For the longest time I never thought I would sell any of mine. I bought them to build and let the family enjoy. Now, however, I feel I can afford to let a few go for these over inlfated prices. For that reason i will not sell to any of my friends or people here on the board. But the schmucks who sat back and laughed but are panicking now can pay full tilt.

Especially these magazines and bare/built lowers. lol
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X