No announcement yet.

heavy duty backpack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Ranch and Eberlestock are great brands to look at also.

I used a Blackhawk SOF (ALICE pack on roids) which uses a standard ALICE frame (cheap) for roughly 2 years in Afghanistan when I was flying all over the country. It held up VERY well and continues to be in great shape. It is all scuffed to shit and where a normal bag would have torn mine shows character. This thing got treated very rough; chucked from helicopters onto jagged rock landing zones, tossed around in the back of Humvees and trailers, drug all over the place and even blown up; well sort of, it was in a trailer humvee hit an IED and my back got ejected. Typical load out was roughly 75-80 pounds depending on how long I was going to be gone for and the season of the year.

Right now I have an Eberlestock Skycrane II but I should have bought their Terminator bag. I use ONLY the bay compartment of the Skycrane and leave the frame and outside at the house. I carry it every day to and from work and it rides great. A big improvement over an ALICE frame. However it isn't holding 75pounds as is without the framework.

Maxpedition makes some great stuff too. They use a very thick material that is virtually indestructible. I have broken a few clasps though, but no fault to the bag or brand; they don't like to be stepped on by boots on concrete.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
      London Bridge
      look at the Universal Camo sale. (2 bags for $99 & free shipping)
      its usually pretty pricey, if no sale occurring.

http://lbtinc.com/index.php/bags-bac...-out-bags.html
      Good people. I pass by their shop everyday. It's about 5 mins from my house! Very popular amongst the "team" guys around here.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Dude, I moved to Australia.
        WTF??

Does your phone still work?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          WTF??

Does your phone still work?
          Yep, happy Australia Day (their 4th of July).
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I got my Blackhawk 9 years ago, it has survived 17 ambushes and honestly is still in like new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Mystery Ranch and Eberlestock are great brands to look at also.

I used a Blackhawk SOF (ALICE pack on roids) which uses a standard ALICE frame (cheap) for roughly 2 years in Afghanistan when I was flying all over the country. It held up VERY well and continues to be in great shape. It is all scuffed to shit and where a normal bag would have torn mine shows character. This thing got treated very rough; chucked from helicopters onto jagged rock landing zones, tossed around in the back of Humvees and trailers, drug all over the place and even blown up; well sort of, it was in a trailer humvee hit an IED and my back got ejected. Typical load out was roughly 75-80 pounds depending on how long I was going to be gone for and the season of the year.

Right now I have an Eberlestock Skycrane II but I should have bought their Terminator bag. I use ONLY the bay compartment of the Skycrane and leave the frame and outside at the house. I carry it every day to and from work and it rides great. A big improvement over an ALICE frame. However it isn't holding 75pounds as is without the framework.

Maxpedition makes some great stuff too. They use a very thick material that is virtually indestructible. I have broken a few clasps though, but no fault to the bag or brand; they don't like to be stepped on by boots on concrete.
              I was reading thru this and was just about to ask if anyone had any experience with Eberlestock. I want the Cherry Bomb.. Any thoughts?

Innovative and patented outdoor gear designs from a veteran and Olympian with unrivaled versatility and durability. Eberlestock modular systems are built for the dedicated outdoorsman, the tactical operator, and the shooting enthusiast. Get Out There •••

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                +1. The material is so robust that the bag maintains its shape even when it's empty. Not American made, but a well-executed design.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-05.../dp/B004H0VX3M
                That's what I have but the Condor I. Great backpack but expensive. I can say the materials are top notch though and they are right that it keeps it's shape even when empty. Not to get one that's less tacticool though and I'm looking at that Kelty.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                  I was reading thru this and was just about to ask if anyone had any experience with Eberlestock. I want the Cherry Bomb.. Any thoughts?

http://www.eberlestock.com/Cherry%20...%20Weapon.html
                  Any thoughts? Yeah, I am ordering the S34 Secret Weapon bag. It will be perfect for me here. The Skycrane bay I use is great and rides great but I don't really like traveling with it through international flights and airports.

Now to find a discount code with a stocking dealer.

Thanks Chris. My 11.5" SBR will fit perfect in there should I ever need it.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Any thoughts? Yeah, I am ordering the S34 Secret Weapon bag. It will be perfect for me here. The Skycrane bay I use is great and rides great but I don't really like traveling with it through international flights and airports.

Now to find a discount code with a stocking dealer.

Thanks Chris. My 11.5" SBR will fit perfect in there should I ever need it.
                    I like the Noveske SBR bag, but you cant ever find it in stock. My SBR will be an 8.5 in so the smaller Cherry Bomb bag will work great, I want a bag where I wont have to break the rifle down.

Comment

Working...
                    X