Glocks - get them while you can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post

An HK, 1911 or anything comparable in the hands of anyone whom does not meticulously maintain it is practically worthless.
    The fuck?
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      The fuck?
      Who fuck?

Comment

The fuck?
        I agree i haven't cleaned my 1911 in over a year and it still works flawlessly, it gets cc a good bit as well as drawing duty while I'm hunting.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          I agree i haven't cleaned my 1911 in over a year and it still works flawlessly, it gets cc a good bit as well as drawing duty while I'm hunting.
          Working on the range for 3 years, I never saw a glock jam (except for the guy that put 9mm in his .40SW), and I am confident that I saw at least half of the 1911s jam, double feed, or malfunction in another way. I am likely grossly underestimating that number too.

If yours is badass, then that is awesome! The majority, however, do not function well without proper care.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
            Working on the range for 3 years, I never saw a glock jam (except for the guy that put 9mm in his .40SW), and I am confident that I saw at least half of the 1911s jam, double feed, or malfunction in another way. I am likely grossly underestimating that number too.

If yours is badass, then that is awesome! The majority, however, do not function well without proper care.
            I'd venture to bet over half of the malfunctions were shooter error. You can't be a limp wrist bitch and shoot a 1911 that's why the Glock was invented.

Comment

I'd venture to bet over half of the malfunctions were shooter error. You can't be a limp wrist bitch and shoot a 1911 that's why the Glock was invented.
              I dont care about anything past the gun working anytime I pull the trigger. If it does that, I am happy. If not, I lock it in the safe or sell it.

And you actually proved the point people were making about glocks being superior. If they work under more conditions than a 1911, that means they are a better weapon.
              Last edited by Venix; 01-27-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Glocks have the same issue. And about the competition statement. Yes there is a HK shooting team, I've yet to see someone use one in any of the competitions that I've shot. Not to say that they aren't out there, I'm sure that they are. But the statement that 1911/2011's and Glocks "rule" the competition scene is pretty damn true by my own observation. I'd have to throw the Springfield XD's, and CZ's in there too. I tried to shoot one of my USP's in a 3 gun match, and that was the last match that it was shot in. Not that it's a bad gun, I just didn't feel that it was fit for competition as my Glock. So it went back in the safe.

The argument will always be there, but you glock haters have yet to complain about how they are unreliable. Which IMO is the most important factor of any gun.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I bought a used gen 1 Glock 22 with night sights to use as a duty gun when I was on the Tactical team. I had reservations about them since I figured they were a plastic gun, but I have been pleased with it. I have only had 2 issues with the gun, and I have put close to 5000 rounds thru it.

Issue one was my fault. During one of the action drills, we had to disassemble the gun and lay the pieces out at different yardages and assemble on the run. I got in a hurry, didnt get the spring seated proper and functioned the slide and broke the spring.

Issue 2 was the extractor broke.

Other than those issues, the gun has fired consistently, and I never had any problems qualifying.

I found that Glocks also like to run on the dry side when oiling as well which I think is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                    Glocks have the same issue.
                    It is no where near as prominent in Glocks and other semi auto pistols, 1911's are the worst which gives them a bad name.

Comment

Rifles.

Here: http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...ootingTeam.asp

Lol. The entire goddamn Bundeswehr might like to have a word with you.
                      lol the the HK team. Thats cute! You should post HIpoints shooting team too. Again, I said Glock dominates, not they have a team. As in they win more shooting competitions than any other factory handgun. Soo, meaning they shoot better than HK. HK is heavier so more difficult to carry for most. They carry less rounds in every comparable model to Glock. Why the hell would someone want to carry a gun thats heavier, and carries less rounds? That makes no god damn sense

I mean seriously, what the hell is your argument? Why do Glock suck again?

I have no problem with Hk, I think theyre fine guns. They have a couple options that are nice. But to say HK is a better gun is a complete joke.

Again, Glock DOMINATES the handgun market for a reason, junior.

Glock should change their name to dominator
                      Last edited by War Machine; 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        lol the the HK team. Thats cute! You should post HIpoints shooting team too. Again, I said Glock dominates, not they have a team. As in they win more shooting competitions than any other factory handgun. Soo, meaning they shoot better than HK. HK is heavier so more difficult to carry for most. They carry less rounds in every comparable model to Glock. Why the hell would someone want to carry a gun thats heavier, and carries less rounds? That makes no god damn sense

I mean seriously, what the hell is your argument? Why do Glock suck again?

I have no problem with Hk, I think theyre fine guns. They have a couple options that are nice. But to say HK is a better gun is a complete joke.

Again, Glock DOMINATES the handgun market for a reason, junior.

Glock should change their name to dominator
                        I think his main argument is that HKs are better because they cost more,therefore less people have them so he sounds "cool" by liking them.
                        satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyp View Post
                          I think his main argument is that HKs are better because they cost more,therefore less people have them so he sounds "cool" by liking them.
                          Very good point, he does have me there, they do cost double of what a glock sells for if/when an HK actually sells

Comment

Another of these threads now...

...so, on another note. I have G19, some extra mags and some ammo. 2,000 if anyone is interested. lol In a few weeks that'll be bargain!
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

From a quality and mechanical accuracy standpoint, the edge goes to a HK IMO. In terms of bang for your buck, the Glocks dominate because they are cheap, easy to maintain/change parts in, and have a much larger aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                                From a quality and mechanical accuracy standpoint, the edge goes to a HK IMO. In terms of bang for your buck, the Glocks dominate because they are cheap, easy to maintain/change parts in, and have a much larger aftermarket.
                                did you not see the post about shooting competitions? You'll need to take accuracy out of that statement. HK last longer than Glocks? I dont think thats the case either but I guess thats debatable. Theres a guy on Glocktalk with over 500k rounds through his 17. Its now a range rental and still working great.

Comment

Working...
                                X