Walmart limits ammo purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart limits ammo purchases

(Reuters) - Walmart has started to limit sales of ammunition to three boxes per customer per day due to limited supplies, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

Sales of guns and ammunition have risen across the United States since the December 14 shooting at a Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

Walmart U.S., is the largest unit of Wal-Mart Stores Inc the world's largest retailer and the largest U.S. gun seller. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer had said that it works to strike the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that it sells firearms responsibly.

"In order to take care of as many customers as possible, starting Thursday, January 24, all ammunition sales were limited to three boxes per customer, per day as supply is limited at this time," spokeswoman Ashley Hardie told Reuters on Wednesday.

Walmart was a charter member of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's coalition against illegal guns and adopted a 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

Data released on Monday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Instant Criminal Background Check System showed that nine of the top 10 days for firearms checks from November 30, 1998, to January 27, 2013, including December 14, 2012, occurred since Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School and then shot and killed himself. Lanza also killed his mother before the school massacre.

http://news.yahoo.com/walmart-sets-l...--finance.html

Did the same thing 4 years ago.
    Photobucket

Comment

Academy is doing the same - at least the one I stopped by in Lewisville.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Academy is doing the same - at least the one I stopped by in Lewisville.
        Abilene and Midland are too, have been for weeks.

Comment

I actually love this. If Walmart is allowed to rebuild stock, then so will every other ammo dealer. The sooner that the market supply rises, the sooner that we all get to buy ammo at reasonable prices and it bulk as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
            I actually love this. If Walmart is allowed to rebuild stock, then so will every other ammo dealer. The sooner that the market supply rises, the sooner that we all get to buy ammo at reasonable prices and it bulk as needed.
            Exactly,

This helps to eliminate other dealers and gunshow vendors wiping out the supply and then price gouging the rest of us. If you want to stock up just stop by every day and buy a couple boxes. I have been searching for .22LR for weeks all I want is two more boxes of federal.

Comment

This infringes upon my rights to buy and resell!

My wal mart has been wiped out every time I've gone, don't bother checking elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                This infringes upon my rights to buy and resell!

My wal mart has been wiped out every time I've gone, don't bother checking elsewhere
                Whenever I have spare time en route I stop at any store I see that carries ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Whenever I have spare time en route I stop at any store I see that carries ammo.
                  Same here. I am stopping by the local wal mart 3-4 times a week at about 8 AM to try and catch a shipment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    I have been searching for .22LR for weeks all I want is two more boxes of federal.
                    That is the second time I have seen someone posting about .22LR ammo recently. I know the Walmart in The Colony has plenty in stock, in fact that was about all they had.

Comment

All around Burleson is .45 auto, Academy has 1000s of rounds of it, but thats it. Walmart has a bunch of 7mm, nothing else. Always in need of 22lr....

Comment

Ours is limiting the highly sought after rounds, but is being generous with anything that isn't moving well.

Comment

I was just able to pick up a 420# ammo can of Federal XM855 at my local Walmart. The guy in front of me bought the other three they had. May want to check your local stores. Maybe the new policy is have some effect or they just got a shipment from Federal.

Comment

Just picked up 10 boxes of federal .40 hollow points for $22.97 a box. Dont see it going down anytime soon. 20 & G. Southwest.

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6 Love View Post
                              Just picked up 10 boxes of federal .40 hollow points for $22.97 a box. Dont see it going down anytime soon. 20 & G. Southwest.
                              I got a 100rnd value pack at Walmart for $33 two days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X