Taurus pt1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus pt1911?

Anybody own or have any hands experience with a Taurus pt1911? Saw one in a pawn shop today and I am wanting to know what you guys thought about them. Also how much is to much for a used pawn shop Taurus 1911? Thx
    Last edited by 98sohc281; 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM. Reason: I am stupid.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Can't help you much on value but the early runs had issues with the safety levers falling off.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

$400-$550

Version, condition...things like that. I wouldn't pay more than $500, but that's just me.
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

The pistol looks to be in good shape. They want 525 for it. I was thinking more of 450 out the door.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

I had a PT1911AR. Great pistol. Since it had Taurus stamped on the side it got a bad rap but I shot the shit out of mine in USPSA and in personal use and never had an issue with it. The mags were great too.

2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

People talk a lot of shit about Taurus but I've got two PT 145's that have both had thousands of rounds through them with no issues.

Comment

450 sounds nice but don't lose out over $50, they are good guns.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

yes sir, i have a few taurus'es, 1911 included. they are amazing.

Comment

I would still have one if they offered it in a 4in model.

Comment

Wow, this post is over 12 hrs old and nothing yet from CJ and the other Taurus haters.

Comment

CJ just sent me a telepathic message. Transcript follows:
                      "A Taurus will blow up in your hand, drink all of your koolaid and put the empty pitcher back in the fridge, leave your bathroom light on, and knock over your trashcan. Other than that, well, and them giving you the HIV, they are just fine."
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                        cj just sent me a telepathic message. Transcript follows:
                        "a taurus will blow up in your hand, drink all of your koolaid and put the empty pitcher back in the fridge, leave your bathroom light on, and knock over your trashcan. Other than that, well, and them giving you the hiv, they are just fine."
                        lmao!
                        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Taurus hater checking in. Free post.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I really like their PT92, I wonder if it matters if the design is built from a subcontract ripoff vs their own in-house patent-skirting design?

I also have a couple rossis and really they are not shabby.

On the other hand i would not even consider a glock because I read on the internet where they skin live puppies just to get that black finish on the plastic.

Comment

For that kind of money couldn't you get a Springfield GI 1911?

Comment

Working...
                              X