Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hows the market for non "assault" weapons right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows the market for non "assault" weapons right now?

Whats the market look like for sporting/hunting rifles and shotguns? My step dad is parting with his collection and I was wondering if the market is decent right now for these types considering what the "assault types" are pulling. A couple of the things he has that peak my interest are a Kimber stainless classic target 1911 and a Remington 1903 30/06 that has been heavily sporterized but it is a damn nice rifle and who ever did the job on it knew wtf he was doing. Also a Winchester model 1400 MKII 12 gauge that is in superb condition. Other than that there are a few .357 wheel guns some misc pump shotguns, and a 6mm bull barrel Remington 700.

Don't have a clue where to start trying to sell this stuff at for him or whats its worth.

seems pretty normal to me, the only thing i have bought or sold that was higher than i should have been able to sell was a nickel bersa with a box of ammo for $350

now from what i could tell there are alot of scammers now and everyone wants something for nothing... not the same experience i remember from past years

Comment

Is like to here a little about the 6mm.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

All guns are going for a premium right now.

Hell, even used S&W 686 revolvers are going for $600 and up.

You can be assured that whatever he has, he will get top dollar now instead of waiting for the market to go back down.

The best thing is to do a search on gunbroker.com and see what similar guns are going for.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Is like to here a little about the 6mm.
          I can go take pics if you are really interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            All guns are going for a premium right now.

Hell, even used S&W 686 revolvers are going for $600 and up.

You can be assured that whatever he has, he will get top dollar now instead of waiting for the market to go back down.

The best thing is to do a search on gunbroker.com and see what similar guns are going for.
            honestly i have gotten some real good deals lately even on 6mo ago standards.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              I can go take pics if you are really interested.
              Is like to know general round count before you go to the trouble. What type of stock is on it wood, laminate or synthetic?
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
              X