Magpul+Colorado+HB1224=Magpul moving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul+Colorado+HB1224=Magpul moving?

HB1224 just passed the House Judiciary Committee in Colorado. HB1224 prohibits the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measure and stipulations in this bill deprives CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill also prohibits the manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds. And therein lies the rub. Magpul is based in Colorado, therefore by HB1224 they will not be allowed to manufacture their signature product; the 30rd Pmag.

What's to do? I say move to Texas. But that is my standard response for a business being choked out by their local government.

Supposedly this puts 1,000 employees out of work in CO. Fine, come to Texas and employ 1,000.

Discuss.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Welcome to texas.

Comment

I remember as a kid when Colorado was ran by individuals that didn't want to rape citizens. Pricks.

Comment

Come on down!
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Sounds good to me.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Takes a lot to move a manufacturing facility. If that is the case and they cannot manufacture in Colorado, what will happen to the already dry market for pmags?

I wonder when the actual stopping of sales happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              Takes a lot to move a manufacturing facility. If that is the case and they cannot manufacture in Colorado, what will happen to the already dry market for pmags?

I wonder when the actual stopping of sales happens.
              The state (Texas) can also offer killer incentives to help ease the pain and burden of the move though. And if I was in Austin, I would be pouncing on this just like inviting the gun owners in NY to move to Texas. Of course it is lip service but a guy can wish. Hey every 1,000 new jobs counts.

If I were Perry or Cruz, I would make Texas like Isreal.......makers of all that goes boom in our region. Maybe invite some warship builders to the coast too.
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-13-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                HB1224 just passed the House Judiciary Committee in Colorado. HB1224 prohibits the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measure and stipulations in this bill deprives CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill also prohibits the manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds. And therein lies the rub. Magpul is based in Colorado, therefore by HB1224 they will not be allowed to manufacture their signature product; the 30rd Pmag.

What's to do? I say move to Texas. But that is my standard response for a business being choked out by their local government.

Supposedly this puts 1,000 employees out of work in CO. Fine, come to Texas and employ 1,000.

Discuss.
                Holy shit. Please let this happen. I would love to work for them.

Comment

If I were Perry or Cruz, I would make Texas like Isreal.......makers of all that goes boom in our region. Maybe invite some warship builders to the coast too.
                  I dont think Perry is that smart.

Comment

Discuss.
                    I know it was before their House as of yesterday, but has it actually passed?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                      I know it was before their House as of yesterday, but has it actually passed?
                      This bill was passed out of the House Judiciary Committee on 2/12/13 by a vote of 7-4.
                      HB 13-1224 - Concerning Prohibiting Large-Capacity Ammunition Magazines
                      PDF of the bill
                      Being heard by: House Judiciary Committee, 02/12/13
                      The bill prohibits the sale, transfer, or possession of an ammunition feeding device that is capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition or more than 5 shotgun shells (large-capacity magazine.) A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she owns the large-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill and maintains continuous possession of the large-capacity magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        This bill was passed out of the House Judiciary Committee on 2/12/13 by a vote of 7-4.
                        HB 13-1224 - Concerning Prohibiting Large-Capacity Ammunition Magazines
                        PDF of the bill
                        Being heard by: House Judiciary Committee, 02/12/13
                        The bill prohibits the sale, transfer, or possession of an ammunition feeding device that is capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition or more than 5 shotgun shells (large-capacity magazine.) A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she owns the large-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill and maintains continuous possession of the large-capacity magazine.
                        On a chain around my neck like Flava Flav.

Comment

I thought expo facto laws were unconstitutional and illegal?

They can't prohibit the possession of something that was legal back then can they?
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                            I thought expo facto laws were unconstitutional and illegal?

They can't prohibit the possession of something that was legal back then can they?
                            During prohibition you had to ditch the alcohol that you already had on hand.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'm all for it.
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                              X