SPIKES GROUP BUY Q & A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    That's what I want to find out. I'm speculating the that LPK's are Rock River.
    Seems plausible.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's what I want to find out. I'm speculating the that LPK's are Rock River.
      I would doubt if either company actually makes the parts in their LPKs. They both say 100% American made parts and it's entirely possible some or all of them may be from the same supplier.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Oh. I agree with you more than you can know. Which causes me to want to compare them even more..
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Oh. I agree with you more than you can know. Which causes me to want to compare them even more..
          Here's something to consider. Just because parts were made on the same line, and look the same, doesn't mean they have the same level of quality, or even the same materials.

Comment

• I've been in more manufacturing facilities than I can count. Literally deep into the hundreds. While I would agree with you, in theory, changing a process to account for a lower quality product isn't a simple, or cheap, thing to do. And, for that matter, I'm no metallurgist, nor do I have the tools to determine the material used in the casting of the LPK's. However, I do have some very basic measuring tools and will be able to determine that the Rock River parts are the same size as the Spikes parts. Really, the only people who know are MAYBE the Buyer's at the two companies, even then, they probably just place an order and provide a PO. I'm just real curious to see the visual differences, if any, between the two kits.
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Valid.

Comment

I've been in more manufacturing facilities than I can count. Literally deep into the hundreds. While I would agree with you, in theory, changing a process to account for a lower quality product isn't a simple, or cheap, thing to do. And, for that matter, I'm no metallurgist, nor do I have the tools to determine the material used in the casting of the LPK's. However, I do have some very basic measuring tools and will be able to determine that the Rock River parts are the same size as the Spikes parts. Really, the only people who know are MAYBE the Buyer's at the two companies, even then, they probably just place an order and provide a PO. I'm just real curious to see the visual differences, if any, between the two kits.
                Have you measured the ptac stuff from PSA? I could see the trigger assembly being pretty universal across the board with some going through additional process(es) to clean up the interface surfaces in the more expensive kits, and the cheaper kits using seconds and lower quality springs.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I have not. If anyone has a set of any LPKs I'd be happy to take and document the measurements.

Comment

• Picked mine up this morning. Thanks guys!

Already have one assembeled and swapped onto my pistol

Comment

• I have a spare trigger guard laying around if you need it. My Core kits came with a bonus one.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have not. If anyone has a set of any LPKs I'd be happy to take and document the measurements.
                        Dammit I have already built mine out or I would send you a Core 15 set up. They seamed to be pretty nice and I have never seen them go on sale past 70.00 or so. I have always wondered if the 29.99 kits were cheaper then the others. I know the trigger guard is much nicer. LOL
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Anyone else notice the Spikes website has been jacked up for a while?
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            I have a spare trigger guard laying around if you need it. My Core kits came with a bonus one.
                            I have a couple floating around. I am going to order an oversized one, just didn't mess with putting a regular one on it.

Now to decide if I want to keep my poly lower or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              I have a couple floating around. I am going to order an oversized one, just didn't mess with putting a regular one on it.

Cool. Yeah it is just a pop in straight cheapy. I almost had it put in before I realized the kits had nicer ones in them.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Let me know if you choose to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                                X