Magpul going to move CO residents to the front of the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    And which one of those has significant LEO/GOV contracts? If anything Barrett maybe. However, most LEOs aren't buying what Barrett sells anyways and they still sell to the military/gov. Larue might be another option although slim.

The rest are distributors and or small fish in a big pond and like I said none of which makes any significant impact other than making gun owners feel good about their company.
    When you said:

Out of the entire list of companies that sells guns and or gun products, not a single one has any sort of influence on LEO or govt sales.
    You misspoke. Olympic Arms, Larue, Barrett, all of these have influence over LEO and govt sales. That was my point. I cannot think of a better way to influence tyrannical government than to limit their rights as they limit ours. David you never cease to amaze me in your willingness to be a pacifist on your constitutional rights and non-interventionism. I wasn't surprised to hear that you found any attempt to fight for your rights to be pointless, but a lot of people think there is a legitimate way to bring light to the hypocrisy.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Olympic has nothing on LEO sales and most can say they're the last place anyone would consider buying anything from.

Barrett probably has little to nothing in LEO sales and most of their offerings are for more of the Military level of the playing field.

Larue may be the only one, but even then its still nothing significant.

When companies like Glock, colt, Springfield armory, winchester, Remington, Smith and Wesson, etc get in on it I may form a different opinion.

Until then its all a PR stunt.

Comment

Pacifist hardly, realist perhaps. I appreciate that these companies want to make these efforts and take a stand for all of us. However I know in reality it means jack shit.

Comment

Olympic has nothing on LEO sales and most can say they're the last place anyone would consider buying anything from.

Barrett probably has little to nothing in LEO sales and most of their offerings are for more of the Military level of the playing field.

When companies like Glock, colt, Springfield armory, winchester, Remington, Smith and Wesson, etc get in on it I may form a different opinion.

Until then its all a PR stunt.
          The fact is you misspoke. Here's some more than actually have the fortitude to make a statement.

Olympic Arms, Inc
          La Rue Tactical
          EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
          York Arms
          Templar Custom
          Cheaper Than Dirt
          Bullwater Enterprises
          Westfork Armory
          Smith Enterprise
          Alex Arms
          Spike’s Tactical
          Quality Arms
          Liberty Suppressors
          Doublestar Corp
          American Spirit Arms
          Trident Armory
          Head Down Products
          J&G Sales
          Barrett Firearms
          Exile Machine
          Tier One Arms
          Bravo Company USA
          Primary Weapons Systems
          Crusader Weaponry
          Top Gun Supply
          Kiss Tactical
          Clark Fork Tactical
          OFA Tactical
          One Source Tactical
          Templar Tactical Arms
          NEMO Arms
          Old Grouch’s Military Surplus
          Big Horn Armory
          CMMG Inc
          Rocky Top Tactical
          Badger Peak
          Controlled Chaos Arms
          SRT Arms
          Norton Firearms
          Citizen Arms
          Evolution Weaponry
          Doublestar Corp
          JCW Industries
          Huntertown Arms

And I know first hand Olympic arms does in fact have LEO contracts.
          Last edited by CJ; 02-28-2013, 09:33 AM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pacifist hardly, realist perhaps. I appreciate that these companies want to make these efforts and take a stand for all of us. However I know in reality it means jack shit.
            So by your line of thinking they should just do nothing?? You don't think they are putting pressure on companies like glock and S&W?

By your line of thought, if you don't make a BIG impact then option 2 is sticking your head in the sand. Gotcha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              The fact is you misspoke. Here's some more than actually have the fortitude to make a statement.

Olympic Arms, Inc
              La Rue Tactical
              EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
              York Arms
              Templar Custom
              Cheaper Than Dirt
              Bullwater Enterprises
              Westfork Armory
              Smith Enterprise
              Alex Arms
              Spike’s Tactical
              Quality Arms
              Liberty Suppressors
              Doublestar Corp
              American Spirit Arms
              Trident Armory
              Head Down Products
              J&G Sales
              Barrett Firearms
              Exile Machine
              Tier One Arms
              Bravo Company USA
              Primary Weapons Systems
              Crusader Weaponry
              Top Gun Supply
              Kiss Tactical
              Clark Fork Tactical
              OFA Tactical
              One Source Tactical
              Templar Tactical Arms
              NEMO Arms
              Old Grouch’s Military Surplus
              Big Horn Armory
              CMMG Inc
              Rocky Top Tactical
              Badger Peak
              Controlled Chaos Arms
              SRT Arms
              Norton Firearms
              Citizen Arms
              Evolution Weaponry
              Doublestar Corp
              JCW Industries
              Huntertown Arms

And I know first hand Olympic arms does in fact have LEO contracts.
              Still looking for where I misspoke? I still see zero significant leo/gov impact on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                So by your line of thinking they should just do nothing?? You don't think they are putting pressure on companies like glock and S&W?

By your line of thought, if you don't make a BIG impact then option 2 is sticking your head in the sand. Gotcha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                Like I said, good for them for making their stand and I support it.

But realistically, yes you need a bigger corporation to take a stand. If that happens, then it may pressure others. The playing field on that side of the industry is tiny. Until then, it's like KIA saying they're no longer going to sell cars to leo/gov.

Comment

Still looking for where I misspoke? I still see zero significant leo/gov impact on that list.
                  Really? So the last two posts which consisted of several paragraphs were not an attempt to correct what you said? Larue, Olympic Arms, and Barrett all have LEO contracts, and I know they do. You also know they do, which is why you're trying to weasel out of it - hence "impact" is now a mentioned in your post.

Out of the entire list of companies that sells guns and or gun products, not a single one has any sort of influence on LEO or govt sales.
                  That would be where you misspoke, btw.

Comment

Really? So the last two posts which consisted of several paragraphs were not an attempt to correct what you said? Larue, Olympic Arms, and Barrett all have LEO contracts, and I know they do. You also know they do, which is why you're trying to weasel out of it.
                    LMAO! Weasel nothing, like I said in my first post none of those companies have much of an influence. You know Olympic has shit for LEO sales, like I said barret caters to more of the mil side, and larue potentially but even then I dont see it as a huge influence.

Comment

Man David would be everybody's bitch in prison. "might as well lay down and take it".

Dude I don't care how small you are, making a stand should mean something.

Comment

LMAO! Weasel nothing, like I said in my first post none of those companies have much of an influence. You know Olympic has shit for LEO sales, like I said barret caters to more of the mil side, and larue potentially but even then I dont see it as a huge influence.
                        Yes, you are weaseling out of what you said, let me post it again so you can see it.

Is it okay to move on now? And like I said before, I know Olympic Arms does for a fact have LEO contracts.

Comment

Yes, you are weaseling out of what you said, let me post it again so you can see it.
                          LMAO, however you want to look at it.

Still stand by this being nothing more than a PR stunt. None of them actually have an influence on any of the LEO agencies of .gov. Do some have contracts, yeah but small fish and a fart in the wind.

Comment

LMAO, however you want to look at it.

Still stand by this being nothing more than a PR stunt. None of them actually have an influence on any of the LEO agencies of .gov. Do some have contracts, yeah but small fish and a fart in the wind.
                            David I don't know you very well, but your life goal seems to be to do nothing, from what I can ascertain. I cannot ever remember you being passionate about anything.

Comment

So.....how bout them p-mags...
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

David I don't know you very well, but your life goal seems to be to do nothing, from what I can ascertain. I cannot ever remember you being passionate about anything.
                                I can assure my life goals is nonexistent on this board as I'm perfectly fine with. I have plenty ambitions and do perfectly well, just don't get involved in all the hype and smoke shows. Nor need a time waster board to prove to.

Magpul threatening leaving Colorado and beretta threatening to leave Maryland, big impact. Big Bubbas Backyard Gun and Useless Shit distributor no longer selling to LEO in ban states, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X