DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
    I ordered a handful to build out as a test run. As whole I don't beleive most people have ordered them though.
    Selling any? Who did you order from?

Comment

• I have a knurler to contribute. The atlantic firearms maadi kit I bought had an oversized trunnion. It had something like a .0025" slip fit. After some interwebs searching, a common solution is to knurl the barrel and displace some material to achieve a press fit.
      IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by MILK View Post
        Selling any? Who did you order from?
        No, bought through individuals as they were specific kits I was looking for. I was planning to do a bulk order of kits but there didn't seem to be too much interest. Your best bet to get a decently priced kit is watch TGT or AKfiles like a hawk.

Comment

• I was told that if the receiver has a serial... you can sell it. Just like home built ar15s

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
            I was told that if the receiver has a serial... you can sell it. Just like home built ar15s

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
            If you get a complete receiver from somewhere like Nodak then that's one thing. If you get a flat or 80% as most are planning to do and serialize it yourself and sell it, the ATF does not look kindly upon that. You also can not legally build a weapon with the intent to sell, which unfortunately from your earlier post you stated you were doing...

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
              If you get a complete receiver from somewhere like Nodak then that's one thing. If you get a flat or 80% as most are planning to do and serialize it yourself and sell it, the ATF does not look kindly upon that. You also can not legally build a weapon with the intent to sell, which unfortunately from your earlier post you stated you were doing...
              I have his serialized receiver. It would be legal.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Yes, we need to get all the tools together so we can run a few kits and make sure we have everything we're going to need. I would hate for all of you to come over to build AK's and then we find out we're short a tool, or we need something to finish them.
                I can mail my tool to you or we can meet one weekend.
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

• Originally posted by white88 View Post
                  I can mail my tool to you or we can meet one weekend.
                  mailing would definitely be easier, if you could pm phaux, send him the tools because I'm right in the middle of a move to a new house.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I am retired. I have rebuilt several guns, and just completed an AR-15 build. I also reload.

I have been buying parts & tools for an AK-47 build, but I would like to go to a build party and see experienced people doing it. Even though I have a pretty complete shop, It might also save me some money with tool sharing.

If there is a build planned in the near future, please consider letting me attend.

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

• Great first post. Welcome to the site!
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• We've got plenty of cops, now the CIA too...

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          We've got plenty of cops, now the ATF too...
                          We've had the ATF.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Changed it for you.

Comment

• I was planning on getting the 80% receiver from Henderson Defense. Their web site says "CURRENTLY WE ARE NOT EXPECTING ANYMORE STOCK". Is there another good one available somewhere?

http://http://www.hendersondefense.c...ver-16p362.htm

Henderson Defense Industries, LLC
                              2771 Industrial Rd
                              Las Vegas, NV 89109
                              Phone: 702.566.1000 Fax: 702.834-4320

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
                                I am retired. I have rebuilt several guns, and just completed an AR-15 build. I also reload.

I have been buying parts & tools for an AK-47 build, but I would like to go to a build party and see experienced people doing it. Even though I have a pretty complete shop, It might also save me some money with tool sharing.

If there is a build planned in the near future, please consider letting me attend.

Thanks!

Dave

What area are you in Dave?

David

Comment

Working...
                                X