No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I currently have no budget for another build but count me in for shoot'n the bull. Let me know what I need to bring that isn't AK related. Tacky hats? Meat? Vodka? Mail order bride catalogs? Sorry but no cheap Russian whores. Apparently the spousal unit frowns on that...
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Phillip by chance?

Keith, you know I'm good for either day. Betting Matt will be as well.
      LMK if I can do or bring anything, won't be building though.

David
      Not sure if serious...
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• I can vouch for Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          Do they still exist? Im not even picky about caliber anymore.
          The super cheap kits are getting harder to find, $275-$375 seems to be the standard now for kits. Some have barrels, some don't. The ones that do have barrels go super quick.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Not sure if serious...
            A guy from Canada, s/n Bullett3246 or something like that, also had a bike and I thought he had another s/n like the one you vouched for. His name is Phillip. Also good people!

David.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              A guy from Canada, s/n Bullett3246 or something like that, also had a bike and I thought he had another s/n like the one you vouched for. His name is Phillip. Also good people!

David.
              Nope different guy. Casey is a good dude.
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                10 posts, 8 of which are made in a thread about a build party.

Suggestion:
                start your own thread with your questions in the post above.
                get out and meet other board members...this is after all a car forum, we just happen to love our guns too.
                might want to make some acquaintances here to vouch for you before they try and put a date on this build thread. The addresses to which are usually reserved to people who we know or someone can vouch for. I have hosted 3 of these and not a single person got my address without them being a long standing member or having someone vouch for them for me.
                First off, I don't want to piss anybody off. I am 67, a retired programmer and electronics tech, I went through my own car stuff, with a street El Camino that could pop the front end, but it was the car or the wife and I now have a 2007 Silverado LTZ I bought new, and I work on redoing my guns instead of cars. Now that my son is through college and has his own place, I'm back to my own hobbies. I have a good shop and am pretty handy. I spent time in the USAF, TI, Braniff, EDS. There is an American flag flying outside my house. I don't really know what you want to hear. I have no dam Idea how to use this site. I have a cell phone that ain't smart, and I don't tweet, text, or anything but voice and email. I would really like to know how to remove the "Punk Ass Newbie" from my name, because I suspect I've paid the dues, which you might learn WHEN I decide I can trust Y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
                  I would really like to know how to remove the "Punk Ass Newbie" from my name, because I suspect I've paid the dues, which you might learn WHEN I decide I can trust Y'all.
                  Might want to check that attitude old timer. YOU stepped into our house. YOU are the one with your hat in your hand. We are the ones that are going to decide if we trust YOU, not the other way around. Kbscobravert was trying to help you, not start some keyboard war.

It might behoove you to start a thread with a solid introduction and post a nice set of tits per the traditions of this site.

Comment

First off, I don't want to piss anybody off. I am 67, a retired programmer and electronics tech, I went through my own car stuff, with a street El Camino that could pop the front end, but it was the car or the wife and I now have a 2007 Silverado LTZ I bought new, and I work on redoing my guns instead of cars. Now that my son is through college and has his own place, I'm back to my own hobbies. I have a good shop and am pretty handy. I spent time in the USAF, TI, Braniff, EDS. There is an American flag flying outside my house. I don't really know what you want to hear. I have no dam Idea how to use this site. I have a cell phone that ain't smart, and I don't tweet, text, or anything but voice and email. I would really like to know how to remove the "Punk Ass Newbie" from my name, because I suspect I've paid the dues, which you might learn WHEN I decide I can trust Y'all.
                    No one is pissed off here. Just understand that (insert the gun here) assembly parties are a very sensitive subject. Even though anything that is even remotely illegal will not be tolerated, no one wants to have a "mole" in the garage with us. Whereas we welcome law enforcement (who are not trying to hide) for their knowledge (so we can stay within the confines of the law) I don't necessarily want SA so and so hanging out in my garage with me while I assemble an AR or AK. No one is saying you are out to get us, just that we like to vet folks and know that they are someone we want hanging out in our garage, talking guns, eating grub and petting my dogs.

Like Patrick said, just trying to help. Do some research on here about how we handle stuff like get togethers (GTGs) that involve firearms. I have held 3 assembly parties, a couple other GTGs at my place for food, beer and bullshit, and even rented a private indoor range for 20 of us to shoot up the joint.....now that we really need to do again.

Welcome to the board. Stick around. Make some posts in other threads and let people get used to you. You will find that 99% don't care if you get used to us. lol
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      Might want to check that attitude old timer. YOU stepped into our house. YOU are the one with your hat in your hand. We are the ones that are going to decide if we trust YOU, not the other way around. Kbscobravert was trying to help you, not start some keyboard war.

It might behoove you to start a thread with a solid introduction and post a nice set of tits per the traditions of this site.
                      I don't guess I like being called "old timer." I didn't come with my hat in my hand. I was getting ready to build an AK since I had already done an AR and rebuilt a few others, like M1 carbine and SMLE, so I thought it would be fun to get with some like minded individuals and save a little on the learning curve. I'm not into games or alpha male shit, I just wanted to build an AK without having to buy all the damn tools myself. I would have been a lot more amicable if even ONE of my questions had been answered. PUNK ASS NEWBIE signing off!

Comment

I don't guess I like being called "old timer." I didn't come with my hat in my hand. I was getting ready to build an AK since I had already done an AR and rebuilt a few others, like M1 carbine and SMLE, so I thought it would be fun to get with some like minded individuals and save a little on the learning curve. I'm not into games or alpha male shit, I just wanted to build an AK without having to buy all the damn tools myself. I would have been a lot more amicable if even ONE of my questions had been answered. PUNK ASS NEWBIE signing off!

Toss out your age while having a hissy fit and you get what you get. Like Keith laid out, build parties are a sensitive subject. If you tried hanging around and letting us get to you know you, your questions would be answered in time. Like the "punk ass newbie" title that EVERYONE gets when they join. We aren't here to serve you, no need to get all pissy that your questions didn't get answered.
                        Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 11-20-2013, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          No one is pissed off here. Just understand that (insert the gun here) assembly parties are a very sensitive subject. Even though anything that is even remotely illegal will not be tolerated, no one wants to have a "mole" in the garage with us. Whereas we welcome law enforcement (who are not trying to hide) for their knowledge (so we can stay within the confines of the law) I don't necessarily want SA so and so hanging out in my garage with me while I assemble an AR or AK. No one is saying you are out to get us, just that we like to vet folks and know that they are someone we want hanging out in our garage, talking guns, eating grub and petting my dogs.

Like Patrick said, just trying to help. Do some research on here about how we handle stuff like get togethers (GTGs) that involve firearms. I have held 3 assembly parties, a couple other GTGs at my place for food, beer and bullshit, and even rented a private indoor range for 20 of us to shoot up the joint.....now that we really need to do again.

Welcome to the board. Stick around. Make some posts in other threads and let people get used to you. You will find that 99% don't care if you get used to us. lol
                          You sound like a pretty good dude. most of my friends are previous or active military. My main interest is current and past military hardware, so I have friends that are professors, authors, FBI, State Department, CIA, Special Forces, pilots, etc. Pretty interesting group during our Saturday get-togethers, as long as we don't talk politics (professors are pretty liberal). I have no intention of doing anything illegal, but with all the shit happening, I wanted to build an AK that was under the radar. I had pretty much given up when no one answered, so I bought some pre-bent receivers. The first one is going to be an underfolder. I had to buy a front & rear trunnion & barrel for it. I didn't want to do the headspacing, so I'm having someone else install the barrel. I plan to build another with full length stock. That leaves 2 receivers that I may or may not build.

Sorry about not doing proper protocol, but I'm not familiar with this stuff, especially threads. I also didn't realize DFW mustangs Meant FORD MUSTANGS! I googled build parties.

I do spend a fair amount of time at the Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville.

I haven't had a Ford product in about 35 years! I've pretty much been into Chevys, especially Camaros. My son has a Transformer Camaro. I bought him his first Camaro new in 2002 when he turned 16, because I thought it was the last Camaro. He drove it until last year when he got the Canary. My Fords were 1946 Sedan, '47 Sedan (Made one out of two), '54 Skyliner, '62 convertible, '63 1/2 Galaxy, '67 LTD, '57 Ranchero.

I didn't mean to come off hot headed, but I've gone through a lot of shit to not be called "Old Timer."

For one, I survived bladder cancer. If anyone wants to know what size their balls are, try having chemo served to you via a foot long pencil sized stainless steel tube shoved up your dick into your bladder without a pain killer. Between tests and chemo, I've had it done over 50 times. I've been shot - this was worse.

I try not to insult someone if I hadn't walked in their shoes. Sorry, I don't qualify as an "Old Timer" yet.

I think I bring a lot to the table, but that remains to be seen. I've rambled on enough. Bottom line, I don't like games, but I do like guns.

Comment

• Brother, you're making work out of not having anything to prove. Don't worry about the mustang part of the website name. Most of us don't even have them anymore.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Brother, you're making work out of not having anything to prove. Don't worry about the mustang part of the website name. Most of us don't even have them anymore.
                              Many of us have never even owned one.

Comment

• Keith is without a doubt one of the better people on this board. And he will tell it like it is, for obvious reasons. This group (you are interacting with now) is probably the tightest knitted clicks on this board - again for obvious reasons. With that said, we welcome "like minded " individuals but insist on protecting a sovereignty that includes family and careers etc... With what you've just posted I know you understand that.

My prediction is, if you keep a little thick skinned and hang around for a while, maybe meet up with some folks (see G2G forum), there's a good chance we'll see you at a build party.

Welcome to the board, and thank you for your service!

David

Comment

Working...
                                X