DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I know is they are both Bulgy Ak74 with the the receivers stated above,
    One kit has a new barrel, and the other kit has the barrel already installed in the trunion.
    If the 80 is gonna be a pain, I may just hold off on that one for now. That or order another Nodak receiver.
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
      All I know is they are both Bulgy Ak74 with the the receivers stated above,
      One kit has a new barrel, and the other kit has the barrel already installed in the trunion.
      If the 80 is gonna be a pain, I may just hold off on that one for now. That or order another Nodak receiver.
      I just need to see how many people have 80% receivers. If we only have a handful Nodak receivers may be the ticket. I'll even volunteer to buy the 80%'s off you to put towards a Nodak. If I can get enough 80% receivers it will be financially feasible for me to finish all of them out.

Now the kit with the barrel installed, has it been torch cut, will it need to be demilled? (as in needs the rivets drilled/removed)

Also, I'm okay with anyone that has a Yugo kit, I just finished doing one and I got it down now. The trunions are a motherfucker to demill though.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Why would it need demilled? Can that barrel and trunnion not be used as is, or is that not compliant?
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
          Why would it need demilled? Can that barrel and trunnion not be used as is, or is that not compliant?
          No, those are the best kits to get, already headspaced. But usually they have been torch cut, so the trunion, receiver, trigger guard, etc. has to be cut out and rivets drilled/punched out.

edit see below:

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Oh ok I see, no its already demilled then.

FFL & LTC Instructor
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            sigpic

Comment

• So a full day and no one else?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I need to know how many people actually have AK parts kits they want to build, what type of kits they are (virgin, kits that need to be demilled, underfolder, yugo etc.)I also need to know what kind of receivers you have.

The reason I've put the build party on the back burner is we've had many people people say they bought tools, but none of them ever coughed them up when I asked for all of them to see where we were. If people do not buy the build jigs and tools we just can't do this. All of the tools combined we will need are probably close to around $700-1000.

Also, I need to know how many people have kits that need to be demilled (torch cut, receiver stubs). The reason being is we cannot demill kits at the build, it takes far too long and that's on top of an assembly that takes far longer than an AR-15. So anyone with a parts kit that needs to be demilled must do the demilling themselves beforehand. If we have 10 guys wanting to build AK's I *might* be able to build 1 in the entire evening if it needs to be demilled. I will be more than happy to give any instructions on how to do it, it's just too time consuming.
                Ah, just saw it.

I have 1 polish underfolder kit with a nodak underfolder receiver. My parts kit is pretty much demilled. I just need to punch out what is left of the rivets.

I will only be building one rifle this go around.

Comment

So a full day and no one else?
                  I'm still shopping for a parts kit. Haven't figured out if I'm going to have the extra money to pick one up in time. I've got $2500 to pay for school before the 3rd week in Jan.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    Ah, just saw it.

I have 1 polish underfolder kit with a nodak underfolder receiver. My parts kit is pretty much demilled. I just need to punch out what is left of the rivets.

I will only be building one rifle this go around.
                    Do you think you can demill that kit?

Comment

• I only have an AK74 bugly kit and an 80% reciever with everything needed to finish the build. I have been looking for a cheap underfolder AK47 kit but haven't found one. 74 kit is demilled and new barrel is installed in the trunion and headspaced according to centerfire systems.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

• so far 1 80% receiver.

Comment

Do you think you can demill that kit?
                          Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• I have an 80% lower also but can and am willing to buy another lower. It has been a while since I ordered it but I believe the rifle I have is a virgin demilled Yugo kit.
                            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                            '13 Dodge Cummins
                            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

• Originally posted by white88 View Post
                              I have an 80% lower also but can and am willing to buy another lower. It has been a while since I ordered it but I believe the rifle I have is a virgin demilled Yugo kit.
                              I just did a yugo so I'm familiar with them. Just make sure all the rivets are clear out of the trunions, and you can see all the way through.

If you have a yugo kit then those 80% receivers we bought earlier this year from robertrtg.com are not going to work. You will need a yugo receiver to fit the RPK trunion. Also, you'll need to verify if it's a 1mm or 1.6mm receiver.

Comment

• Just poking in to say I'm still interested. I have a receiver flat, was told months ago to wait for kits to drop back down to ~$200. I guess that isn't happening? Where are y'all getting your kits from?

Comment

Working...
                                X