No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, first we need to know if Keith has all the necessary equipment to build an AK (20 ton press, drill press, acetylene torch, etc.)
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Ok got it.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Well, first we need to know if Keith has all the necessary equipment to build an AK (20 ton press, drill press, acetylene torch, etc.)
        I have a grinder, a big hammer and a couple bottles of vodka. I thought that was all we needed.

I may have to let someone else host this one. Unless we can set all that stuff up in my garage.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I have a grinder, a big hammer and a couple bottles of vodka. I thought that was all we needed.

I may have to let someone else host this one. Unless we can set all that stuff up in my garage.
          that's all I thought was needed.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• I can host the build party. But first we still need to establish who all is attending, because right now it appears to be 3 people.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I waited too late I'm out this one.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I can host the build party. But first we still need to establish who all is attending, because right now it appears to be 3 people.
                If it goes down while I am home, I am in...to watch and learn.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I'm in. Won't be building anything but I can contribute food again.
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Tools

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Impressive collection of tools for AKs. Hearing that list makes me glad to have mostly ARs; a punch set and barrel/combo wrench gets it done.

I have the Tipton Best Gun Vise and the AR upper, lower & barrel holder mods for it that I used when I built my AR. Right now it is holding a British Enfield 303 SMLE in it that I'm building up with a poly stock and custom optics mount as a hog gun for my son. I just finished a total rebuild of an M1 Carbine. Retirement has its good points!

There are tradeoffs to having a lot of tools.... I built my hobby room/computer server room/spray booth in a third of the garage. The rest of the garage is workshop - and it is tight! Wood lathe, Wood band saw, metal band saw, shaper, thickness planer,jig saw, able saw, radial saw, planer/moulder, heat shrink machine, reloading equipment, resin mold making equipment, treadmill, etc., take up a lot of room. There is only room for a couple of people! Tools sit on top of tools, and the table saw doubles as a work surface! But - it is my own little slice of heaven.

When I moved in after the house was completed, I ripped all the sheetrock off the garage walls, added electrical circuits and rewired a 110 outlet on every stud and a 220 on every other stud. Then I insulated and put sheetrock back up. I also built in heat and air conditioning just for that room, so I can be out there all year long. It has stereo and TV and a refrigerator. Basically it is an ugly version of a man cave. Great place to hide when the spouse is on a terror.

Comment

• Build Party

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I can host the build party. But first we still need to establish who all is attending, because right now it appears to be 3 people.
                      I am in, if invited. I can bring some needed tools (see list), as I have a full size pickup. The 20 ton press is heavy, but I think I can get it in the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
                        I have the Tipton Best Gun Vise and the AR upper, lower & barrel holder mods for it that I used when I built my AR. Right now it is holding a British Enfield 303 SMLE in it that I'm building up with a poly stock and custom optics mount as a hog gun for my son. I just finished a total rebuild of an M1 Carbine. Retirement has its good points!

There are tradeoffs to having a lot of tools.... I built my hobby room/computer server room/spray booth in a third of the garage. The rest of the garage is workshop - and it is tight! Wood lathe, Wood band saw, metal band saw, shaper, thickness planer,jig saw, able saw, radial saw, planer/moulder, heat shrink machine, reloading equipment, resin mold making equipment, treadmill, etc., take up a lot of room. There is only room for a couple of people! Tools sit on top of tools, and the table saw doubles as a work surface! But - it is my own little slice of heaven.

When I moved in after the house was completed, I ripped all the sheetrock off the garage walls, added electrical circuits and rewired a 110 outlet on every stud and a 220 on every other stud. Then I insulated and put sheetrock back up. I also built in heat and air conditioning just for that room, so I can be out there all year long. It has stereo and TV and a refrigerator. Basically it is an ugly version of a man cave. Great place to hide when the spouse is on a terror.
                        Looking to adopt a middle aged, moderately successful, software developer?!?!?
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Looking to adopt a middle aged, moderately successful, software developer?!?!?
                          Lol
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Depending on when it is and if I can get a kit by then I may be in. I had Chris pick me up an Ohio Ordnance Works AK74 receiver.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
                              I am in, if invited. I can bring some needed tools (see list), as I have a full size pickup. The 20 ton press is heavy, but I think I can get it in the back.
                              I have everything we would need. As for the ak tools, the receiver riveter is Chris's and it has a short lifespan. I would suggest we reimburse Chris in a small way for its use if you will need it.

Comment

• I'm still game as long as I'm not on shift.
                                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X