DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    Looking to adopt a middle aged, moderately successful, software developer?!?!?
    My background was in electronics and computer installation & maintenance, But the last 10 years of my employment was developing in PeopleSoft and Delphi.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I have everything we would need. As for the ak tools, the receiver riveter is Chris's and it has a short lifespan. I would suggest we reimburse Chris in a small way for its use if you will need it.
      Works for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
        My background was in electronics and computer installation & maintenance, But the last 10 years of my employment was developing in PeopleSoft and Delphi.
        Interesting. I integrated to both of those many times in a previous life. Well, PS anyway. Delphi is more of a language, right?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• peoplesoft pays $$$$
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            Interesting. I integrated to both of those many times in a previous life. Well, PS anyway. Delphi is more of a language, right?
            PeopleSoft is a development application using PeopleTools. Delphi is Pascal-based and is very similar to VB.Net. It is ahead of VB.Net but without the marketshare. I still use it to keep up with my military history library. Sorry I got us off topic!

Comment

PeopleSoft is a development application using PeopleTools. Delphi is Pascal-based and is very similar to VB.Net. It is ahead of VB.Net but without the marketshare. I still use it to keep up with my military history library. Sorry I got us off topic!
              That is what we do here. Sounds like you are fitting right in.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Damn you guys have me wanting to build an AK! Must resist temptation to buy parts kit! LOL
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

• I'm in, I will probably scrap the 80% receiver and buy a serialized one.
                    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                    '13 Dodge Cummins
                    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

• It would seem as of right now the best way to proceed is everyone buy serialized receivers. We just don't have enough people with 80%'s to merit the time involved.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Here's a cheap 47 parts kit:
                        APEX Gun Parts is your source for hard to find gun parts, parts kits, and accessories. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! We set ourselves apart by supplying unique parts at a good value and standing by our products by offering outstanding customer service.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Is your's a bent flat that needs to be drilled, or is it an unbent flat that is already drilled?
                          My flat is unbent already drilled - when I got it I was under the impression this was the way to go as there was a press that someone had.

Is there a time frame for when you all are planning on doing this build party? Just wondering cause I thought it was supposed to be sometime late-october to december - just want to know how much time I have to try and find a good deal on a parts kit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neogeek23 View Post
                            My flat is unbent already drilled - when I got it I was under the impression this was the way to go as there was a press that someone had.

Is there a time frame for when you all are planning on doing this build party? Just wondering cause I thought it was supposed to be sometime late-october to december - just want to know how much time I have to try and find a good deal on a parts kit.
                            if that's the case then you're fine. gat0r has a jig to bend that, we can just throw it in my press. We will need to weld in rails though.

Comment

if that's the case then you're fine. gat0r has a jig to bend that, we can just throw it in my press. We will need to weld in rails though.
                              Mine will be bent and drilled, but will still need the rails welded in. I will drill the holes here at home for everything after my Hungarian AMD-65 parts kit comes in so that I can verify the proper hole placement.

If I need to bring the drill bits along for others, let me know.
                              Last edited by dnchrist; 12-07-2013, 10:54 PM. Reason: added words

Comment

Mine will be bent and drilled, but will still need the rails welded in.
                                We can do that, we'll just need to make some custom tips for chris's spot welder which shouldn't be difficult. I have the rail jig.
                                Last edited by CJ; 12-07-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X