No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hungarian AMD65 parts kit came in today.

It doesn't look like it was ever issued. No wear at all. I will have to remove the rivets, but shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone know the best place to get a barrel for this one? Either a long barrel or a short barrel with a weld-on compensator.

Comment

• Me and phaux did a AMD65 kit a few weeks ago, pretty straight forward.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• This looks like a good kit for someone. Price reasonable, so far...

Maadi Egyptian Ak-47 Crutch Folding Parts Kit

Last edited by dnchrist; 12-14-2013, 10:58 AM. Reason: add information

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Me and phaux did a AMD65 kit a few weeks ago, pretty straight forward.
          What did you do for the barrel?

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
            We usually buy kits with complete original barrels/trunions so they don't require headspacing or sight alignment/pressing. Very easy build. Gimme a second to take a look at that parts kit, I'm at the office can't view that link.
            Last edited by CJ; 12-14-2013, 11:10 AM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
              You can go with an original barrel and permanently affix a muzzle brake w/extension made by tapco or use a 16" barrel. I sell and use green mountain barrels. If you're needing one let me know.

Comment

if that's the case then you're fine. gat0r has a jig to bend that, we can just throw it in my press. We will need to weld in rails though.
                Cool - been looking forward to this for a while - y'all have any guess at when this is going down? Januaryish? Is this a good deal? I would need a US barrel and magazine with that right (for legal stuffs)?

Comment

• Yeah that's not bad, but yes it you will have to press the front/rear sights on.

Comment

• I have a few flats that I'd like to bend. Don't think I'll be ready to build any though.

Comment

• Any word on this coming to fruition?

Comment

• Not enough interest.

Comment

Not enough interest.
                          Damn. I was really looking forward to building out that parts kit that has been sitting on my shelf for 10 months plus.

Comment

• Bring it over and we'll get started demilling it.

Comment

• Yea that sucks, I bought 2 kits based on everybody saying this was going down.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                                Yea that sucks, I bought 2 kits based on everybody saying this was going down.
                                We can still build them, but after polling everyone several times it seems there is only a handful of interested people. We could take care of that on any given weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X