Got my first gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Just pick up some 800 and 1500 and you'll get it good to go. You can polish if you want to but the main cut will do the job. You can polish it by putting a bore mop in a drill.
    Cool.. I was just going to use some metal polish (whatever I could find) with my dremel. Are you suggesting the cotton bore brush things like this in a drill?

As to 800 and 1500, is that a polish abrasion measurement or are you referring to something else? Just trying to clarify because I haven't shopped for polish outside of brasso from my Army days.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Cool.. I was just going to use some metal polish (whatever I could find) with my dremel. Are you suggesting the cotton bore brush things like this in a drill?

As to 800 and 1500, is that a polish abrasion measurement or are you referring to something else? Just trying to clarify because I haven't shopped for polish outside of brasso from my Army days.
      I'm referring to sandpaper. Going straight polish is going to take quite a while. Yes, a bore mop... I figured you would have one from a cleaning kit. If you have a dremel use that.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm referring to sandpaper. Going straight polish is going to take quite a while. Yes, a bore mop... I figured you would have one from a cleaning kit. If you have a dremel use that.
        Yes, have a bore mop, but also a dremel. So would sandpaper by hand be preferable to the dremel with polish? I'm all about easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Yes, have a bore mop, but also a dremel. So would sandpaper by hand be preferable to the dremel with polish? I'm all about easy.
          Its just quicker to cut with paper before polishing.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Its just quicker to cut with paper before polishing.
            Cool, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X