anyone here do taxidermy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here do taxidermy?

Ill be shadowing/learning from a local this next winter. Only looking to do deer for myself. Then maybe try a coyote and bobcat.

cat's are the hardest to master for many. Taxidermy is a very tedious art, I've tanned a few hides and that in itself is a pain.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

The reason i chose my taxidermist was because of his cats. They look like a bobcat should.

Most people cant do cats.

I only want to due my own, mainly because im picky and cheap. Ive got just about all the tools from my dad putting up trapping furs.

Comment

You should have a good mentor then.

When your dad was trapping he use snares or leg traps.

Comment

we use snares, foot holds, and box traps.

Comment

I do taxidermy...

My best work so far...

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I don't know anyone personally, but this guy seems to be pretty popular on the internet. I don't think he's local though.

Sorry to yank your chain, I really do wish I could help.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

lmao at chuck.

I didnt figure anyone here has, but you never know. This site is full of surprises.

Comment

I've stuffed a few "cats" in my day, bring me one of your lady friends and I'll show you how it's done.

Comment

I actually feel like Taxidermy would be the perfect job for Jester.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      I actually feel like Taxidermy would be the perfect job for Jester.
                      I dunno man. I could see him getting pissed off, grabing a gun and start shooting the form on his bench.

his tiki stuff is cool, and most good taxidermist are also good artist.

Comment

Built my stand today. Here is the deer im going to do. Dont mind the sweet wallpaper i have not got to that area yet. I've got to find a cape, order eyes and earliners and a few other small things and give it a shot.

Its going to be a bitch since that bases are 7 inches around on the antlers.

Comment

Damn are those matching sheds or off a harvested deer?

Comment

one of my grandpa's. It was shot in 1971, it scored 162 6/8 gross, with a net of 149 6/8 total spread of 26inches.

Its a monster 8.

Comment

It is very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X