Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many have their safe bolted to the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many have their safe bolted to the floor?

As the title says.. assuming a 300-400lbs safe. How many people have it bolted to the floor where it is sitting?
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Mines not but it took three people to get it into the house empty so it won't be easy at all full.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
      Mines not but it took three people to get it into the house empty so it won't be easy at all full.
      size/weight of safe?
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

it will be once we move in the new house for sure.

Comment

i live in an apt on the first floor, plan on drilling some anchor bolts and getting a safe soon

Comment

Nope. But consisting the number of doors that had to be removed to get it in I'm not too worried.

I am more concerned with where the hell I'm gonna put the next one I get since this one barely fits in its current place
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
              size/weight of safe?
              It weighs little over 500lbs. Size is 59Hx28Wx22D

Comment

Mine is over 1000 lbs and it's still bolted, It took 3 to get it in, I'm sure 3 would try to get it out!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                  Nope. But consisting the number of doors that had to be removed to get it in I'm not too worried.

I am more concerned with where the hell I'm gonna put the next one I get since this one barely fits in its current place
                  This is part of the reason mine isn't tied down and the reason it took three to move it.

Comment

the issue i have is this.. OPTIMALLY i would like to get it into the master closset off the master bedroom. but for some reason the door into the closset is only 22: wide.. So to get a bigger safe in i would have to remove the fram and then re frame it.
                    i could put it in a spot that would be PERFECTfor it in the master bedroom.. but no way could i bolt it to the floor there. but either way it would be a BITCH to get out..

the question is is having the safe not bolted out more security than having my guns sitting in drawers or a case...?
                    2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

I would say they are definitely safer in a safe bolted down or not since they are obviously harder to access. Ultimately you are the one that has to decide which is better for you at this point in time.

Comment

Believe mine was 700 lbs empty, It's still bolted.

If the safe can be tipped over(which most house safes can) it makes it a lot easier to pry open the door.

My 2nd safe I'm looking to purchase is about 1000lbs empty, and it will be bolted also.

Also it took three guys carefully putting your safe in your house. Two criminals can get it out easy banging up the rest of your house along the way.
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                          This is part of the reason mine isn't tied down and the reason it took three to move it.
                          The right dolly, or a pack of golf balls, would make it easy to steal. I would not rely on weight alone as an obstacle. You have really nice toys, dude. Bolt it down.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                            Also it took three guys carefully putting your safe in your house. Two criminals can get it out easy banging up the rest of your house along the way.

Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                              Believe mine was 700 lbs empty, It's still bolted.

If the safe can be tipped over(which most house safes can) it makes it a lot easier to pry open the door.

My 2nd safe I'm looking to purchase is about 1000lbs empty, and it will be bolted also.

A quality safe isn't going to be pried open.

Comment

Working...
                              X