Bowfishing. Wanna get started.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowfishing. Wanna get started.

Ok, so here lately I've got the strong urge to start bowfishing. I live between Lake Fork and Tawakoni and just a little off of the Sabine river, figure I'm in a good spot.

Looking for general information.

Anybody here bowfish?

More off the stern with my boat so far. I did just get a new chair for the bow though.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I've always been interested in it... What kind of fish can you realistically get with a bow? Some bass, gar.... I can't think of much else that's large and near the surface in these parts regularly.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Done it before by walking shorelines and a waterfall in a river, my BIL has a setup I used. It was fun but all we ever got was gar and carp.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Done it before by walking shorelines and a waterfall in a river, my BIL has a setup I used. It was fun but all we ever got was gar and carp.
          that is all ive ever known anyone to get bowfishing. Not saying that people dont get cats or anything else, but that is what I do know of.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            that is all ive ever known anyone to get bowfishing. Not saying that people dont get cats or anything else, but that is what I do know of.
            Only nongame fish can be taken with a bow.

Comment

Doesn't sound too interesting if you like eating what you kill.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Gives you a good reason to shoot trash fish. I want to get into it as well. Shoot carp out of my river.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Doesn't sound too interesting if you like eating what you kill.
                  Gar is half decent if fried but you better eat it hot if allowed to cool it is very gamey/fishy tasting but it is the whitest meat I've ever seen. That being said it isn't overly worth all the trouble of cleaning, I did just to try it one time.

Comment

Get a simple recurve and put a reel on it. The recurve will allow you to draw quicker and using varying amounts of force can help save your arrows if there is a rocky bottom. I have a PSE kingisher with a reel and a whiskerbiscuit and have been happy with it.

Comment

Or you could use a G3.

Comment

Or you could use a G3.
                        Pffffff

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Or you could use a G3.
                          22's are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Pffffff

I think Australia has had its effect on you Mr. Dundee

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              22's are cheaper.
                              and ricochet of the water, no thanks. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X