Presidential Firearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Firearms

This is the GOLD-PLATED AR-15 presented to President Kennedy by Colt Firearms back in the day.
    - From R. L. Wilson's The Colt Heritage

JOHN F. KENNEDY - New Frontier Colt

With a serial number of PT-109, Colt manufactured this custom New Frontier Colt for President John F. Kennedy. The 35th president never received his revolver as a result of his tragic assassination in 1963.

RICHARD M. NIXON - Colt .45

In their December 21, 1970 meeting, Elvis Presley gave Nixon a commemorative World War II Colt .45...and requested to be made "Federal Agent at Large" in the war against drugs.

RICHARD M. NIXON - Colt Presentation Single-Action Army

Colt crafted this elegant Presentation grade single-action army for Nixon in 1972. It was never presented though as a result of the Watergate Scandal. The serial number is RMN No. 1

Image Courtesy the AutryMuseum

RONALD REAGAN - Colt Presentation Single-Action Army

Manufactured in 1984 with the serial number RR-1, this elegant Colt Single-Action Army was crafted for our nation's 40th president. Like Nixon's Single-Action Army, the presentation of this revolver never happened.

Image Courtesy the AutryMuseum

[IMG]GEORGE WASHINGTON Steel-Mounted Saddle Pistols - Marquis de Lafayette, a young French soldier who volunteered to fight for the United States, gave Washington this pair of saddle pistols with barrels made of Damascus steel. Washington reportedly carried these side arms at Valley Forge, Monmouth, Yorktown and during the Whiskey Rebellion as president. Washington maintained possession of the pistols until his death in 1799. Andrew Jackson owned them for a spell, until bequeathing them back to the Lafayette family.[/IMG]

THOMAS JEFFERSON

One of the Founding Fathers of the United States, Jefferson has many quotes that resonate strongly with the Right to Bear Arms crowd, including, "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. - 1764" Truer words couldn't have been spoken.

This flintlock pocket pistol reportedly belonged to our nation's third president. There are many reproductions of Jefferson dueling pistols available in the marketplace today.

JAMES MADISON/JAMES MONROE - Space Pistols?

What to get the man that probably has everything? How 'bout a pair of pistols reportedly crafted from meteorite iron found in the Campo del Cielo crater in Argentina. At least that was the story given to James Madison when he was presented with this pair of fully functioning pistols by South American general Ignacio Alvarez. His words were accepted as fact until nearly 200 years later when science took a closer look and determined the pistols weren't made from meteoric iron. After Madison's passing, James Monroe took possession of the guns.

Image courtesy of www.redorbit.com

ANDREW JACKSON

"Old Hickory" dueled it out with more than one opponent with pistols, including an incident in which he was dueling Charles Dickinson. Dickinson shot first, hitting Jackson in the chest. Jackson then took aim and pulled the trigger only to be greeted with a misfire, which according to dueling rules counts as a shot. Jackson pulled the hammer back anyway, pulled the trigger, and killed Dickinson with his second effort. Jackson lived 19 years with the lead ball in his chest.

Andrew Jackson also helped Colt Firearms get noticed after giving his stamp of approval to the newly designed revolver.

The percussion pistol was reportedly owned by Jackson and was made circa 1830.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

MARTIN VAN BUREN - Senate Pistols

When Martin Van Buren presided over the senate as Vice President, he wore a pair of pistols for security measures. Do you think a V.P. could get away with that today?

RUTHERFORD B. HAYES - Smith & Wesson .32 Caliber Revolver

Our 19th President carried a Smith & Wesson .32 Caliber revolver during the civil war. The original gun is in the HayesMuseum in Fremont, OH.

GROVER CLEVELAND - Colt 8-Gauge

Certainly not a pistol, but cool nevertheless, this Colt 8-gauge was owned by our 22nd president, Grover Cleveland.

Image courtesy of the NationalFirearmMuseum

THEODORE ROOSEVELT - Smith & Wesson New Model No. 3

"This revolver is attributed by Smith & Wesson factory records to future U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt. He most likely took delivery of this gun just prior to training his Rough Riders at San Antonio, Texas. -- NationalFirearmMuseum

This Colt Revolver was recovered from the sunken USS Maine and subsequently carried in combat by Lt. Colonel Theodore Roosevelt during the Spanish American War. He would use the weapon during his Medal of Honor engagement.

THEODORE ROOSEVELT - Fabrique Nationale Model 1900 Semi Automatic Pistol

Teddy Roosevelt's nightstand gun while in the Whitehouse? If family tradition is accurate, It might have been this handsome Fabrique Nationale Model 1900 Semi Automatic Pistol.

ELEANOR ROOSEVELT - S&W .38 Special Revolver

The First Lady of firearms? Teddy's cousin-in-law, Eleanor was very handy with a sidearm. She often carried a S&W .38 Special Revolver.

Image courtesy Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum

HARRY S. TRUMAN - Colt M1911 and Colt Officers Model .22 LR

Harry S. Truman was presented this Colt M1911 and Colt Officers Model .22 LR in 1947 by Colt President Graham H. Anthony.

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER - U.S. Colt Model 1911A1 Semi Automatic Pistol

"This pistol was given by General Dwight D. Eisenhower to Admiral Sir A. B. Cunningham, R.N., during the November 1942 Allied invasion of North Africa. -- NationalFirearmsMuseum

While serving as the Supreme Allied Commander during World War II, Eisenhower's preferred sidearm was a Colt Detective Special.

Nancy Reagan carried a firearm all the time. Nobody was going to shoot her husband again.
    Last edited by Moose242; 04-03-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

That Reagan Colt is killing me softly.

Great thread!

Comment

Pretty damn cool!

Comment

I think some of the pics are out of order.

And needs more Roosevelt Winchesters, specifically his suppressed 94.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            I think some of the pics are out of order.

And needs more Roosevelt Winchesters, specifically his suppressed 94.
            Corrected, had to convert an HTML document over and imageshack fucked me when I created an album. Think I got it sorted out.

Comment

That is pretty funny about Nixon and Elvis; Nixon hated handguns and Elvis was a bit fond of drugs.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Cool thread Alex!
                Ded

Comment

WRX

Comment

Very cool, but Reagen got his along with an AR.

14 Raptor
                    18 GT350

Comment

Cool thread Alex. I want to see some of the Bush guns. No 1 and 2.

Surprised no picture of Obama and the water gun. lol
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What kind of guns did the leaders of Australia get presented with?
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            Before John Howard (liberal dickwad who actually voted against a bill of rights) there were no gun laws. Before 1996 you could walk into a store, buy a machine gun, and walk out. Then some guy with an FAL and an AR 10 killed like 30 people in Tasmania and Howard passed a fuckhuge gun bill that required people to turn in there shit. However in some states there was no registration of firearms at all so I imagine there are shitloads of guns underground and in rafters.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              Before John Howard (liberal dickwad who actually voted against a bill of rights) there were no gun laws. Before 1996 you could walk into a store, buy a machine gun, and walk out. Then some guy with an FAL and an AR 10 killed like 30 people in Tasmania and Howard passed a fuckhuge gun bill that required people to turn in there shit. However in some states there was no registration of firearms at all so I imagine there are shitloads of guns underground and in rafters.
                              There is a pretty good following in the long range community over there. I've talked to one guy before asking for data on my 7mm-08AI as he was having one built.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X