HELP. scope ring questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. scope ring questions.

I bought a new Nikon buckmuster 4-12x50. I have a few questions....

1. What tube size rings do I need. 30mm or 1"?
    2. How high of rings do I need. To Have enough clearance to fit a 50mm Objective scope?
    3. Overall what are a good set of rings to go with me Picatinny rail base?

Thanks.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

That scope should have a 1" tube, so 1" rings.
    High rings will probably be needed, but you might get away with medium rings depending on how tall your rail/base is.

I use Leupold and Warne rings. Never had a problem out of either...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

That is almost Monarch territory, dude!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I realize this is crappy timing for this purchase, maybe next time check out SWFA's "The Sample List".

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

They are demo's, and I don't see the combo you got, but I got a Monarch about 2 years back for around the same price and have not had any issues with it.

Good luck though, I'm sure that Buckmaster will be nice and it looks like you got a decent price on it.
        Last edited by slow06; 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I like Talley one piece

Comment

X2 on the Talley stuff. I also have never had any problems with Leupold stuff.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Shoot, if you were already prepared to spend that money on a scope, you should have bumped it up to a Monarch or Vortex Viper.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Assuming the spot where the objective bell would contact the barrel is the same height as the rail/base top:
                Height of rings + 1/2 scope tube diameter > 1/2 objective bell diameter

Ring height being the distance from the base to the lowest part of the ring where the scope sits.

Some brands also give ring height as the distance from the base to the scope centerline, so be sure you know how they are giving the spec.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Here is a link to a post about measuring for proper ring height.

Comment

I might go with this set,

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post

I have those on my .17HMR and I really like them, they're a solid set of rings. I'll probably put them on a .308 bolt action when I pick one up.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post

That should work. Comes to 31.75mm from base to centerline of scope.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I've had great luck with my Burris one piece mount. I have the one for a 30 millimeter tube.
                          03 cobra

Comment

I have the Burris Xtreme Tactical rings on my Remington 700p. Haven't had a lot of rounds on that gun so not really much help for review other then they seem to be a high quality piece.
                            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                              I have the Burris Xtreme Tactical rings on my Remington 700p. Haven't had a lot of rounds on that gun so not really much help for review other then they seem to be a high quality piece.
                              They are far from high quality. They are decent but usually require lapping.

Comment

Working...
                              X