Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Competition Relocating to Breckenridge, TX

Another win for the good guys ....

BRECKENRIDGE (CBS 11 NEWS) – A firearms company that makes AR-15 style rifles for the iconic brand Colt, will open a plant in Breckenridge in Stephens County. Oregon company Bold Ideas confirmed the development Friday.

Bold Ideas goes by the name Colt Competition, making high accuracy rifles for competition shooting.

The company has not officially announced the opening, but employment applications are already available at the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce. A non-specific, help wanted ad appeared in the local newspaper classifieds earlier in the week.

Sources say Colt Competition will move into a large vacant industrial space on the north side of town, previously used by Karsten Homes to manufacture mobile homes.

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.

It also comes weeks after Governor Rick Perry reportedly sent letters to gun companies, encouraging them to move to Texas. Perry sent a message on Twitter to Colorado company Magpul as recently as March 21, saying “Come on Down to Texas.” The Governor’s office did not confirm Friday if it had sent a recruitment letter to Colt Competition.

Good news! I really hope this is a trend that continues for a while...

Comment

If the SHTF, this is the state I want to live in.

Comment

That's where I go hunting. There isnt' shit in Breckenridge, TX except for 3 restaurants, a few feed stores, and a welding place. Oh, and there's a Walmart and McDonalds. It will be huge for them. HUGE.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          That's where I go hunting. There isnt' shit in Breckenridge, TX except for 3 restaurants, a few feed stores, and a welding place. Oh, and there's a Walmart and McDonalds. It will be huge for them. HUGE.
          Yup. Id kill for mcdonalds here as crappy as the food is walmart can stay the fuck out.

We have one stop light and it blinks yellow at 10pm

Comment

Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Yup. Id kill for mcdonalds here as crappy as the food is walmart can stay the fuck out.

We have one stop light and it blinks yellow at 10pm
              Hell we didn't even have a light just a 4 way stop sign. Only food close was a homestyle kitchen that would open during the summer at a fruit stand, if you wanted McDonald's or anything of the such it was a 30min drive. You can look out the front door of my parents house and see a wheat feild that's around 800 acres and on the other side is the shithole they call Oklahoma.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Breckenridge has a single stop light in downtown. At least, that's the only one I ever remember stopping at. It may literally be a single light town.

One of the board members on here owns the pizza shop in Breckenridge, I can't seem to remember who it is though.
                Last edited by CJ; 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Breckenridge was BOOMING back in the early 80's. The oil downturn and it was instantly a ghost town.

Would love to see some top tier presence supporting the state.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Breckenridge has a single stop light in downtown. At least, that's the only one I ever remember stopping at. It may literally be a single light town.

One of the board members on here owns the pizza shop in Breckenridge, I can't seem to remember who it is though.
                    I think its donuts/bakery and her dad had Jefro's. Halo/horns maybe? Can't remember her name I had talked to her several times helping with cake type stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      I think its donuts/bakery and her dad had Jefro's. Halo/horns maybe? Can't remember her name I had talked to her several times helping with cake type stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                      I also confirmed that halo/horns owns Jeffro's in Breckridge, he was the guy I was thinking about.

Comment

So when Texas has all the gun manufacturing in house, does that signal the border fence construction on the north, east and west boundaries?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          So when Texas has all the gun manufacturing in house, does that signal the border fence construction on the north, east and west boundaries?
                          That sure would be nice.

Comment

Hope some more move to Texas...and closer to me so I can apply.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I also confirmed that halo/horns owns Jeffro's in Breckridge, he was the guy I was thinking about.
                              Who was she married to? I'm pretty sure it was another board member but can't place the name.

Whoever's from Breckenridge, do they sell beer there? Reason I'm asking is that I go camping at PKL alot at the State Park and whenever we need to make a beer run (which has happened a couple of times) we always go all the way to Palo Pinto. Just wondering if Breckenridge is closer to the State Park and if they sell beer there anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X