Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good assisted opening pocketknife recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all. I just pulled the TRIGGER on the sypderco Paramilitary 2. Can't wait.
    Last edited by soap; 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
      its not assisted but its the one I carry every day. its a buck odessy. With a little practice it comes out ready to go really quick. buck doesn't make them anymore so ebay to find it. Best knife i have owned. and it holds an edge like it should.

My Dad bought me this knife (half serrated version) with a sharpening kit when I was probably 15 or so. I still have it 10 years later. Holds a decent edge but I'm terrible at sharpening serrated edges.
      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I finally picked up a knife a few months ago. SOG Twitch II. Almost ashamed to say it is the first pocket knife I have ever had. I am not real sure how I made it all this time without one! What all needs to be fone to maintain the blade? Recommended sharpening method?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          I finally picked up a knife a few months ago. SOG Twitch II. Almost ashamed to say it is the first pocket knife I have ever had. I am not real sure how I made it all this time without one! What all needs to be fone to maintain the blade? Recommended sharpening method?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Get a cheaper knife and learn how to use some stones...that way you dont fuck the blade on the SOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Get a cheaper knife and learn how to use some stones...that way you dont fuck the blade on the SOG.
            X2 and angle is everything.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Ive been happy with my gatco kit. Simple to use, and once you get the edge you want, its easy to keep it up with a piece of leather to strop with.

Comment

That aegis looks nice. Makes me want one.

Comment

I got this little beauty today. Very cool knife. Made by CRKT and Williams for SOCOM ops.
                  CRKT OTANASHI NOH KEN (silent sword)

sigpic

Comment

i like the CRKT Hissatsu folder
                    just a little smaller blade than OTANASHI mentioned above

Comment

I have a Benchmade 581S Osbourne Barrage, great knife.

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                        i like the CRKT Hissatsu folder
                        just a little smaller blade than OTANASHI mentioned above
                        Yea but to be honest I wouldn't carry ether of the CRKTs for an EDC. I can tell that it's not intended for everyday use and pretty much only a prison shank.
                        sigpic

Comment

Love my Kershaw 1550.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

i carry this crkt and love it!

May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

I have a Kershaw Blackout. Great knife, but it really needs a locking mechanism. I was wearing it on my belt while hiking around up in Colorado, and it opened up on me. I could have easily been gutted.

Comment

I carry a blackout daily, started with the whirlwind (same knife basically), I've never been able to duplicate the factory edge on it. I use the gatco setup, but not nearly as sharp and doesn't hold an edge as long. That being said I use it as a tool, it cuts rope, wires, cardboard, tape, hose, basically anything I need to to do. I'm pleased with the kershaw stuff. I also have a couple other assisted kershaws, a benchmade I picked up from Buzzo, assorted other auto openers, and knives I've collected or been given over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X