Wow... these prices are interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    The XDs and Kimber UC w/ CT grip, are these used guns you are seeing the prices of?

What caliber?

As others have stated. Why? Is it a trust issue like you are worried that it won't go "bang" or is it a comfort issue with carrying it cocked and locked?
    Yes, used. I saw a XD40SC with a couple holsters for 600. I offered 500, which I consider high. I was buying these for 350 in 2010.

The prices on THF are matching armslist. I bare bones AR seem to be around 1k now.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
      Yes, used. I saw a XD40SC with a couple holsters for 600. I offered 500, which I consider high. I was buying these for 350 in 2010.

The prices on THF are matching armslist. I bare bones AR seem to be around 1k now.
      I've got an xd40sc bi tone with case that I'll let go for $450

Comment

Ask CJ about his 1940's 1911. That thing still shoots great.

I've seen WWII era 1911s that are still rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Ask CJ about his 1940's 1911. That thing still shoots great.

I've seen WWII era 1911s that are still rock solid.
          I own 3 colt 1911's and my 1943 Ithaca M1911A1 issue gun is tighter than all of them. I've never had it jam, and it shoots a 2" group at 15 yards. I don't think it could be improved upon.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
            I've got an xd40sc bi tone with case that I'll let go for $450
            That's a real good price, but I do not like bi tone. If you need the cash I would purchase it and flip it on THF. If not, sell it yourself on there for $500-550

Comment

First off, I have three Colt 1911's. A defender, commander, and a New Agent. I have never had an issues with any of them. I love shooting them. All three are my favorite guns to shoot. The Marines still use a 1911. All of that being said, I dont think the 1911 design as a whole is a reliable gun. I dont like how the gun feeds rounds to the barrel (reason a LOT of 1911 have FTF issues). I dont like how a 1911 is picky on lube (my glock I can shoot dry with sand in the guide rails). I just cant see me carrying a 1911, and being 100% invested in its reliability.

Im not saying 1911's are bad guns, Im just saying I wont trust my life with one.

BTW I do think Kimbers are big piles of shit, Ive seen a shit load of them jamming, and people cussing them. Im sure a lot of people out there have goodluck with them, but I wouldnt own one.

Comment

All good points. If I was in a "end of the world" scenario and needed to depend on a sidearm I would choose a good polymer gun over a 1911 if I had a choice for a variety of reasons (increased capacity, decreased maintenance, weight, etc.). But I have no problems using it for my current personal defense needs and they are what I own right now. Like you mentioned, certain military units still use them and trust/depend on them. And I thought it was only certain units like the Marine Corps MEU's that were using 1911's and not the Marine Corps as a whole?

As far as Kimbers, I haven't had any issues with the three I own but your mileage may vary.

Comment

Jose, the xdm theyhad was a .45.
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                    That's a real good price, but I do not like bi tone. If you need the cash I would purchase it and flip it on THF. If not, sell it yourself on there for $500-550
                    Don't need cash. Just figured I'd help a brotha out since I'm not using it.

Comment

I just shot my new Colt New Agent this past weekend and fed flat nosed and ball ammo through it without one issue. The only times I had issues with my Fullsize Series 80 Colt was when I had new magazines that were a bit tighter on the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        Don't need cash. Just figured I'd help a brotha out since I'm not using it.
                        I appreciate that. I actually backed out of the one I was looking at. I figure for prices in the 500s I might as well wait for a XDM or a normal price Kimber UC2.

edit: Since you guys are chatting about 1911s. Are there any nice short frame ones how there other than the UC2 I should be looking at? While I do like the XD models, I actually like having a safety.

Comment

I'd probably bite on that if it was anything but a .40.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                          X