Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the three year old really made me proud today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the three year old really made me proud today.

So I shoot all the time with the 12 year old, and the little one is around most of the time. She gets so mad because she can't shoot too. So I got her a nerf gun for chrismas this past year. We were shooting it in the driveway today and she took the mag from me and said "I big enough dad I can do it" she loaded it and racked it for the first time. She also said " this is my baby gun and I don't touch daddys guns" just thought I would share. Its never too young to teach gun safety. U might be surprised how much they pick up at this age

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
    So I shoot all the time with the 12 year old, and the little one is around most of the time. She gets so mad because she can't shoot too. So I got her a nerf gun for chrismas this past year. We were shooting it in the driveway today and she took the mag from me and said "I big enough dad I can do it" she loaded it and racked it for the first time. She also said " this is my baby gun and I don't touch daddys guns" just thought I would share. Its never too young to teach gun safety. U might be surprised how much they pick up at this age
    Haha Awesome. Sounds like you are doing it right. Keep it up, I see too many stories in the news that make me sick to my stomach.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thats too cool! had a similar experience with mine....He told me he would never touch daddys guns without my permission and for me to never walk in front of the barrel. hes 5. I feel that if you take the curiosity out of it, the chances of something happening drops tremendously....I got him a similar nerf gun as well, he has way better aim than me with it.

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Thanks guys. I do believe this is the way to teach them. Its the way I was taught. And I have known about guns and gun safety for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Got this for my son this past Christmas:

He loved it. Bolt action, magazine fed rifle. He'd load the "cartridges", load the mag and go to town. My only gripe is the mechanism inside got worn fast and the bolt is hella tough for him to cycle now.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

^^^my cat was never the same after i bought something like this for my son^^^

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
                ^^^my cat was never the same after i bought something like this for my son^^^
                I can see those scenarios playing out in my head!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

She hasn't thought about shooting the cats yet......but may have to encourage her. Lol. I hate my wifes cats.

Comment

Working...
                  X